|Traded as||TSX: DC.A|
Dundee Corporation is a holding company based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada with wealth management, real estate and resources holdings.
Dundee Corporation was founded by Canadian entrepreneur made billionaire, Ned Goodman. It has been acknowledged in company literature to have been named after the city of Dundee, in Scotland (Scottish Gaelic: Dùn Dèagh), which means "Fort on the River Tay" in Scottish Gaelic (the Tay being the longest river in Scotland). While company literature explains the origin of the company name; it is unclear why the company was named after the city of Dundee. Ned Goodman and his family are known widely as a prominent Canadian business family.
The company's real estate investment trust, Dundee REIT is known for jointly acquiring Scotia Plaza from Scotiabank in May 2012 with H&R REIT. In September 2017, Dundee corporation ,unite acquired 7.5 million units of Reunion Gold Corporation.
Dundee Corporation operates in three major business segments:
- Wealth Management Segment
- Real Estate Segment
- Resource Segment
- The Canadian Press (22 May 2012). "Scotiabank sells downtown Toronto HQ for $1.27B". CBC News. Retrieved 24 May 2012.
- "BRIEF-Dundee Corp, unit acquires 7.5 mln units of Reunion Gold Corp". Reuters. 11 September 2017. Retrieved 2017-10-10.
- Dundee Corporation 2010 Q3 Report
- "Dundee Corporation Acquires Further Interest in Diagnos Inc". MarketWatch. Retrieved 2017-10-10.
- Dundee Corporation Official Website
- Dundee Capital Markets Official Website
- Dundee Goodman Private Wealth Official Website
- Dundee Leeds Official Website
- Goodman & Company, Investment Counsel Official Website
- Dundee Realty Official Website
- Dundee Real Estate Investment Trust Official Website
- Dundee Energy Official Website
- Dundee Precious Metals Official Website
|This bank, insurance, or other financial services corporation article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|