Dunedin is the second-largest city in the South Island of New Zealand. It is named for Dùn Èideann, the capital of Scotland, generally Anglicised as Edinburgh (a semi-calque, in which burgh is a literal translation of the Gaelic dun, meaning fort.)
Dunedin may also refer to:
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- Edinburgh, whose Scottish Gaelic name is Dùn Èideann
- United States
- Dunedin River, a river in British Columbia, Canada
- The Dunedin Consort, an Edinburgh-based choral ensemble founded in 1996
- HMS Dunedin (D93), a Royal Navy light cruiser in the Second World War
- Dunedin (ship), the first commercial ship with refrigeration equipment
- Duneedon a.k.a. Don Edon (fictional character), a villain in the TVOntario children's educational television series Read All About It!; the name was derived from Dunedin, Ontario, and has approximately the same pronunciation.
- Dunedin Multidisciplinary Health and Development Study - a long-running study of 1037 people born over the course of a year in Dunedin, New Zealand.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dunedin.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.