Dunedin is the second-largest city in the South Island of New Zealand. It is named for Dùn Èideann, the capital of Scotland, generally Anglicised as Edinburgh (a semi-calque, in which burgh is a literal translation of the Gaelic dun, meaning fort.)
Dunedin may also refer to:
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- Edinburgh, whose Scottish Gaelic name is Dùn Èideann
- United States
- The Dunedin Consort, an Edinburgh-based choral ensemble founded in 1996
- HMS Dunedin (D93), a Royal Navy light cruiser in the Second World War
- Dunedin (ship), the first commercial ship with refrigeration equipment
- Duneedon a.k.a. Don Edon (fictional character), a villain in the TVOntario children's educational television series Read All About It!; the name was derived from Dunedin, Ontario, and has approximately the same pronunciation.
- Dunedin Multidisciplinary Health and Development Study - a long-running study of 1037 people born over the course of a year in Dunedin, New Zealand.
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dunedin.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.