S&P 400 Component
|Headquarters||130 Royall Street, Canton, Massachusetts, United States|
(President and CEO)
|Revenue||US$ 860.5 million (2017)|
|US$ 447 million (2017)|
|US$ 195.576 million (2016)|
|Total assets||US$ 3.227 billion (2016)|
|Total equity||US$ -163.258 million (2016)|
Number of employees
Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. is an American restaurant holding company which runs two chains of fast-food restaurants: Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins. It is headquartered in Canton, Massachusetts.
In 1973, British food company J. Lyons and Co. purchased Baskin-Robbins from United Brands. J. Lyons and Co. then merged with Allied Breweries, becoming Allied-Lyons in 1978. Allied-Lyons acquired Dunkin' Donuts in 1990. The same year, Allied-Lyons acquired Mister Donut.
In 1994, Allied-Lyons merged with Pedro Domecq S.A., becoming Allied Domecq. The restaurant operations were merged under a subsidiary named Allied Domecq Quick Service Restaurants. In 1997, Togo's was acquired by Allied Domecq.
In 2004, Allied Domecq Quick Service Restaurants was renamed Dunkin' Brands, Inc..
On December 12, 2005, Pernod Ricard, which had just taken control of Allied Domecq, announced the sale of Dunkin' Brands to a consortium of private equity firms consisting of Bain Capital, The Carlyle Group and Thomas H. Lee Partners for $2.425 billion in cash. Dunkin' Brands, Inc. was renamed Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. after the transaction.
In August 2012, Dunkin' Brands became completely independent of the private equity firms.
In October 2017, Dunkin' Brands announced the company would be investing $100 million in United States locations of Dunkin’ Donuts’. The company also said they are considering a name change to the shortened Dunkin'. The name change is being tested in a California location and a new store in Quincy, Massachusetts.
- "Contacts - Dunkin' Brands". www.dunkinbrands.com. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "Dunkin' Brands names David Hoffmann new CEO". New York Post. 2018-07-11. Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- "filing". Dunkin´ Brands Group Inc.
- "Contact Us." Baskin-Robbins. Retrieved on January 14, 2010.
- PLC, Allied Domecq. "Allied Domecq to Acquire Togo's Eateries; Compliments Baskin-Robbins and Dunkin' Donuts Brands". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "Dunkin' Brands to Work with New Private Equity Owners to Continue Aggressive Growth Plans - Thomas H. Lee Partners". www.thl.com. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- Services, From Times Wire (4 December 2007). "Dunkin' Brands sells Togo's chain". Retrieved 3 April 2018 – via LA Times.
- Inc., Dunkin' Brands,. "Dunkin' Brands to Divest Togo's". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "As Private Equity Cashes Out, What's Next for DNKN?". Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- Goodison, Donna (2017-10-27). "Dunkin' Donuts sweetens Brand". Boston Herald. Retrieved 2017-10-27.