Dunmore is a hamlet in Alberta, Canada within Cypress County, located 2.6 kilometres (1.6 mi) southeast of Medicine Hat's city limits on Highway 1 and the Canadian Pacific Railway mainline. A portion of the hamlet is recognized as a designated place by Statistics Canada.
Dunmore is the administrative centre of Cypress County and Prairie Rose School Division No. 8.
As a designated place in the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, Dunmore recorded a population of 514 living in 185 of its 188 total private dwellings, a change of 2.4% from its 2011 population of 502. With a land area of 2.41 km2 (0.93 sq mi), it had a population density of 213.3/km2 (552.4/sq mi) in 2016. The Dunmore designated place comprises only a portion of the hamlet.
As a designated place in the 2011 Census, Dunmore had a population of 502 living in 182 of its 186 total dwellings, a -6% change from its 2006 population of 534. With a land area of 2.42 km2 (0.93 sq mi), it had a population density of 207.4/km2 (537.3/sq mi) in 2011. The Dunmore designated place comprises only a portion of the hamlet.
Amenities and services
Located in the hamlet is Dunmore Park – which has a playground, outdoor hockey rink, baseball field, and a small BMX track. Dunmore has two gas stations, a community hall, a golf driving range, a storage unit business, a bar and various other small businesses.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2010-04-01). "Specialized and Rural Municipalities and Their Communities" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-06-22.
- Statistics Canada. "Population and dwelling counts for designated places in Alberta, 2006 and 2001 censuses". Retrieved 2010-06-22.
- Sanders, Harry M. (2003). The Story Behind Alberta Names : How Cities, Towns, Villages and Hamlets Got Their Names. Calgary, Alberta: Red Deer Press. p. 121. ISBN 0-88995-256-6.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and designated places, 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2017. Retrieved February 13, 2017.
- "Census Profile: Dunmore, UNP (Designated Place), Alberta (map)". Statistics Canada. October 31, 2012. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- "The Present: A Cypress County Snapshot". Cypress County. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and designated places, 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- "Land Use Bylaw No 2011/04". Cypress County. January 2011. p. PDF page 107 of 268. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- Michael, Hope; Johnson, Hope (1981). Down The Years at Elkwater. Medicine Hat Museum and Art Gallery. Lethbridge, Alberta: Heinitz Printers & Stationers. pp. 30–34 & 75–76.
|This Southern Alberta location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|