|• Chairman||Engr Okonkwo Emeka (Konti)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (WAT)|
Dunukofia is a Local Government Area in Anambra State, south-central Nigeria. Towns that make up the local government are Ukpo, the headquarters; Ifitedunu, Dunukofia Umunnachi, Umudioka, Ukwulu and Nawgu. It shares boundaries with Awka North, Idemili North, Njikoka and Oyi Local Governments.
The population is predominantly agrarian, but major in-roads have been made in commerce and education. Population density here is among the highest in all of Nigeria. There are general hospitals at Ifitedunu and Ukpo. There are also a dozen high schools for boys and girls. Dunukofia is among the most accessible local governments in Anambra State, with federal and state roads crossing it at different points. St Mary's High School Ifitedunu is categorised as one of the oldest post-primary schools in Anambra State.
The following secondary schools are in Dunukofia Local Government Area:
- St. Mary’s High School, Ifitedunu
- Walter Eze Memorial Secondary School, Ukpo
- Community Secondary School, Umunnachi
- Nneamaka Girls’ Secondary School, Ifitedunu
- Community Secondary School, Ukpo
- Community Secondary School, Ukwulu
- Girls Secondary School, Umudioka
- Community Secondary School, Nawgu
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS IN ANAMBRA STATE[permanent dead link] dated July 21, 2007; accessed October 4, 2007
|This Anambra State, Nigeria location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|