|Headquarters||New York City, New York, United States|
Duowei News (Chinese: 多维新闻) is a Chinese language news website established in 1999 based in New York City, United States. It specializes in Chinese political news. It is blocked in Mainland China.
The website was founded by Ho Pin (何频) in 1999, who used to work for Chinese state-run paper but left due to feelings towards the Tiananmen Square crackdown of 1989. In 2009, the website was sold to the Hong Kong media mogul Yu Pun-hoi.
- Liu, Melinda (October 2014). "Will China Crush Hong Kong's 'Umbrella Revolution'?". Politico Magazine. Retrieved 2017-06-26.
- "Hidden news". The Economist. 11 February 2012.
- Ng, Jason (2013). Blocked on Weibo: What Gets Suppressed on China s Version of Twitter (And Why). New Press. ISBN 9781595588852. Retrieved 2017-06-26.
- Demick, Barbara (26 May 2012). "Exile media soaring over China's leadership scandal". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 2017-06-26.
- "Nan Hai casts net over more telcos". The Standard Finance. 2016-07-06. Retrieved 2017-06-26.
- Jiang Weiping (5 January 2010). 港商收购多维网大本营为何迁至北京? (in Chinese). Radio Free Asia.
- Forsythe, Michael (17 June 2016). "A Publisher in Exile Gets the Big Scoops on China's Elite". The New York Times. Retrieved 2017-06-26.