Duplass Brothers Productions
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, U.S.|
Duplass Brothers Productions is an American independent film and television production company founded by Mark Duplass and Jay Duplass, two brothers who are also actors, directors, producers and writers. They have produced films such as The Puffy Chair (2005), Safety Not Guaranteed (2012), The One I Love (2014) and The Skeleton Twins (2014), and the HBO comedy-drama television series Togetherness (2015–2016) and Room 104 (2017).
Duplass Brothers Productions was founded in 1996, with the release of their first film, by brothers Jay Duplass and Mark Duplass. The company originally produced low-budget mumblecore films, but has since expanded to studio projects when recognisable talent signed on to star in their films. In 2015, the Duplass Brothers expanded into television with their first series Togetherness, in which Mark also stars. In January 2015, Duplass Brothers Productions closed a 4-picture deal with Netflix, involving financing from the company and, after a short theatrical run, the films being available to Netflix subscribers. In June 2015, Duplass Brothers Productions finalized a 7-picture distribution deal with The Orchard, releasing the Duplass-produced films theatrically prior to their Netflix release. In August 2016, Duplass Brothers announced another television project Room 104 to air on HBO in 2017, which was quickly renewed for a second season. In 2018, it was announced the company had entered into a new 4-picture deal with Netflix, that gave the streaming giant worldwide rights. Mel Eslyn was named president of Duplass Brothers Productions in 2017.
- Connect 5 (1996)
- The Puffy Chair (2006)
- Baghead (2008)
- Jeff, Who Lives at Home (2011)
- Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)
- The Do-Deca-Pentathlon (2012)
- Bad Milo! (2013)
- The One I Love (2014)
- The Skeleton Twins (2014)
- Adult Beginners (2014)
- The Overnight (2015)
- Creep (2015)
- Tangerine (2015)
- 6 Years (2015)
- Manson Family Vacation (2015)
- The Bronze (2016)
- Blue Jay (2016)
- Rainbow Time (2016)
- Take Me (2017)
- Outside In (2017)
- Duck Butter (2018)
- Unlovable (2018)
- Untitled Alex Lehmann project (2018)
- This Is John (2003)
- Scrapple (2004)
- The Intervention (2005)
- Asperger's Are Us (2016)
- Wild Wild Country (2018)
- Evil Genius: The True Story of America's Most Diabolical Bank Heist (2018)
- Patterson, John (May 3, 2012). "Film Jay and Mark Duplass: 'Our movies can't lose money'". The Guardian.
- Edwards, Gavin (February 2, 2015). "Mark and Jay Duplass on 'Togetherness,' TV and Bouncy-Castle Empires". Rolling Stone.
- Patten, Dominic (January 23, 2015). "Netflix Makes 4-Pic Pact With Duplass Brothers – Sundance". Deadline Hollywood.
- Hipes, Patrick (June 22, 2015). "Duplass Brothers Ink Seven-Film Slate Deal with the Orchard". Deadline Hollywood.
- Andreeva, Nellie (August 4, 2016). "HBO Orders Duplass Brothers Anthology Comedy Series 'Room 104'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 4, 2016.
- Holloway, Daniel (2017-08-24). "Duplass Brothers' 'Room 104' Renewed at HBO". Variety. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- Kroll, Justin (2018-02-21). "Netflix Lands Worldwide Rights to Next Four Duplass Brothers Films (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- Official website
- Duplass Brothers Productions on IMDbPro (subscription required)
- "How an Unlikely Hollywood Juggernaut Came to Rule Netflix" on WIRED Magazine