|Stable release||0.6.26 / May 6, 2015|
|Operating system||Cross-platform (POSIX)|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Duplicity is a software suite that provides encrypted, digitally signed, versioned, remote backup of files requiring little of the remote server. Released under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), Duplicity is free software.
Duplicity devises a scheme where the first archive is a complete (full) backup, and subsequent (incremental) backups only add differences from the latest full or incremental backup. Chains consisting of a full backup and a series of incremental backups can be recovered to the point in time that any of the incremental steps were taken. If any of the incremental backups are missing then the incremental backups following it cannot be reconstructed. It does this using GnuPG, librsync, tar, and rdiff. To transmit data to the backup repository it can use SSH/SCP/SFTP, local file access, rsync, FTP, Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, Rackspace Cloud Files, and others. Refer to its man page for the constantly growing list of back-ends.
Duplicity works best under Unix-like operating systems (such as Linux, BSD, and Mac OS X), though it can be used with Windows under Cygwin. Currently duplicity supports deleted files, full Unix permissions, directories, and symbolic links, fifos, and device files, but not hard links.
- Loafman, Kenneth (6 May 2015). "Duplicity 0.6.26 Released". duplicity-announce (Mailing list).
- Linux Journal: An Automated Reliable Backup Solution
- Duplicity Website: Features
- Bash Script: Incremental Encrypted Backups with Duplicity (Amazon S3)
- Change log of version 0.6.22
- A fork of dt-s3-backup to use with Rackspace Cloud Files
- Installing Duplicity on OS/X 10.5 (Leopard)
- Duplicity home page
- duply (simple duplicity) – usability improving shell front-end
- Déjà Dup – a GUI front-end using GTK+ and its own scheduler
- Duplicati – a C# reimplementation of duplicity with a friendly user interface
- Time Drive – snapshot-oriented backup tool based on duplicity
- cwDup – a Duplicity implementation on Windows
- Vuplicity – a cross-platform GUI
|This free-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This computer storage–related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|