Güzelim, Tufanbeyli, Turkey
|Occupation||Senior commander, Kurdistan Workers' Party|
|Allegiance||Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK)|
Initially, serving as a guerrilla commander in the PKK, he succeeded Riza Altun as the PKK's transnational money manager in the late 1980s and managed the organisations finances in Germany until the early 1990s when he moved to Iraqi Kurdistan, to evade arrest warrants. There he served as commander in the Arteshen Rizgariya Gelli Kurdistan (ARGK) and member of the PKK's Presidential Council, eventually becoming a member of the Executive Council of the Koma Civakên Kurdistan (KCK).
- Duran Kalkan, Biyografi.net; accessed 4 June 2017.
- Duran Kalkan: The Turk Fighting for Kurdish Irredentism, jamestown.org; accessed 4 June 2017.
- lider51. "Hayaller... - ADANA ILI TUFANBEYLI ILCESI GUZELIM KOYU TARIHI KOY HAKKINDA GENIS BILGILER". lider51.tr.gg.
- The Militant Kurds: a dual strategy for freedom, books.google.com; accessed 4 June 2017.
- An interview with Duran Kalkan a commander of the ARGK and a member of PKK's Presidential Council, 15 July 1999
- "Executive Council member of the KCK Duran Kalkan, BDP 'Get out of the mountain' proposed".
- "Duran Kalkan'dan HDP yönetimine 'pasiflik' eleştirisi". Radikal (in Turkish). 22 June 2015. Retrieved 16 August 2015.