Durban South Africa Temple
|Durban South Africa Temple|
|Announcement||1 October 2011|
|Groundbreaking||9 April 2016 by
Carl B. Cook
|Official website • News & images|
The Durban South Africa Temple is a planned temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) to be constructed in Durban, South Africa. The announcement was made by church president Thomas S. Monson on 1 October 2011. The temple was announced concurrently with the Barranquilla Colombia, Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo, Star Valley Wyoming, and Provo City Center temples. When announced, this increased the total number of temples worldwide to 166 and the number in South Africa to two.
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in South Africa
- "Ground Broken for Durban South Africa Temple: Construction to begin on the nation's second temple", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2016-04-09
- Walker, Joseph (1 October 2011). "LDS general conference opens with the announcement of six new Mormon temples". Deseret News. Salt Lake City. Retrieved 1 October 2011..
- "Mormon church president announces plans for new temples in Utah, Wyoming, Colombia, Africa". Washington Post. AP. 1 October 2011. Retrieved 5 October 2011..
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|