This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: It does not meet wikipedia quality standards (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article possibly contains original research. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Type||Municipal Corporation|
|• Mayor||Chandrika Chandrakar(BJP)|
|• District Collector||Ankit Anand (IAS).|
|• Total||182 km2 (70 sq mi)|
|Area rank||12 in state|
|Elevation||289 m (948 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Sex ratio||982 ♂/♀|
As of 2011 India census, Durg had a population of 268,679. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Durg has an average literacy rate of 72%, male literacy is 79% and, female literacy is 65%. In Durg, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
In the 2011 census Durg-Bhilainagar Urban Agglomeration had a population of 1,064,077. Durg-Bhilainagar Urban Agglomeration includes: Durg (M Corp.), Bhilai Nagar (M Corp.), Dumardih (part) (OG), Bhilai Charoda (M), Jamul (M), Kumhari (M), and Utai (NP).
Durg Municipal Corporation had a total population of 268,679 in 2011, out of which 136,537 were males and 132,142 were females. Durg had a below six years population of 29,165. Durg had an effective literacy rate (7+ population) of 87.94 per cent and a sex ratio of 968.
- Arun Vora, MLA
- Amit Sana, runner-up in Indian Idol 1
- Saroj Pandey, mayor, MLA and MP.
- Harpreet Singh, cricketer
- Santosh Araswilli, table tennis international medalist
- Tamradhwaj Sahu, MLA and MP
- "52nd REPORT OF THE COMMISSIONER FOR LINGUISTIC MINORITIES IN INDIA" (PDF). nclm.nic.in. Ministry of Minority Affairs. p. 18. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 May 2017. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Durg District Official website".
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Urban Agglomerations/Cities having population 1 lakh and above" (PDF). Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Constituents of urban Agglomerations Having Population 1 Lakh & above" (PDF). Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Cities having population 1 lakh and above" (PDF). Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Durg.|