Location of Durg district in Chhattisgarh
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||1|
|• Total||2,238 km2 (864 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,500/km2 (3,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
Durg district is a district situated in Chhattisgarh, India. The district headquarters is Durg. The district covers an area of 2,238 km². As of 2011 it is the second most populous district of Chhattisgarh (out of 18), after Raipur.
The district is home to two important religious sites. The principal Hindu temple, the Ganga Maiyaat Jhalmala, Jain shrine of Uwasaggaharam Parshwa Teerth at Nagpura (near Durg), attract pilgrims from all over India. The Langurveer Mandir is one and only Hindu Temple Devoted to God Langoorveer in India situated in Durg.
The present collector of Durg is Shri Ankit Anand.
Cities in Durg
Towns in Durg
According to the 2011 census Durg district has a population of 3,343,872, roughly equal to the nation of Uruguay or the US state of Connecticut. This gives it a ranking of 100th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 391 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,010/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 18.95%. Durg has a sex ratio of 988 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 79.69%.
At the time of the 2011 Census of India, 92.69% of the population in the district spoke Chhattisgarhi, 1.51% Telugu, 1.43% Odia, 1.23% Marathi, 0.73% Punjabi and 0.71% Bengali as their first language.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 1 October 2011.
Uruguay 3,308,535 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 19 October 2013. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- 2011 Census of India, Population By Mother Tongue
- M. Paul Lewis, ed. (2009). "Bharia: A language of India". Ethnologue: Languages of the World (16th ed.). Dallas, Texas: SIL International. Retrieved 28 September 2011.
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|