Dusit Thani Group
|Traded as||SET: DTC|
|Founder||Thanpuying Chanut Piyaoui|
Number of locations
|Chanin Donavanik, CEO|
|Services||Dusit Thani College
Le Cordon Bleu
|245,111,940 baht (2009)|
|Divisions||Dusit Thani Hotels and Resorts
Dusit Princess Hotels and Resorts
dusit D2 Hotels and Resorts
Dusit Residence Serviced Apartments
Dusit Devarana Hotels & Resorts
The Dusit Thani Group of companies, also known as Dusit International is a Thai multinational hospitality company headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand. Founded by Thanpuying Chanut Piyaoui in 1948, the company is now led by her son Chanin Donavanik. 
As of 2016, Dusit International has 29 properties located in Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United States, China, Maldives, Philippines, India, Egypt and Kenya. Its brands include Dusit Thani hotels and resorts, Dusit Princess hotels and resorts, dusitD2 hotels and resorts, Dusit Residence Serviced Apartments and Devarana hotels and resorts.
The group's origin dates back to 1948 when Thanpuying Chanut Piyaoui, opened her first hotel, the “Princess” in Bangkok.  It had only 30 rooms but had the distinction of being the first modern hotel in Bangkok with a swimming pool.
The company takes its name and much of its character from the ideas of King Rama VI, whose thoughts on the modern state blended Western and Thai influences.  In 1918, he created a utopian miniature city near Lumpini Park and named it Dusit Thani meaning "Town in Heaven". In Thai, Dusit is the mythological name for the fourth of the seven levels of heaven.
In 1970, the Dusit Thani Bangkok became the company’s first flagship hotel. The 510-room hotel was the first 5-star hotel and the tallest building in Bangkok for several years. 
In 1987, Dusit acquired a hotel which was renovated to become the first resort property, Dusit Thani Pattaya, followed by another beach resort in Phuket – Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket.  In 1989, Dusit Thani Hua Hin opened (earlier known as Dusit Resort and Polo Club).  Royal Princess Chiang Mai was opened in Chiang Mai, capital of the north in 1991, followed by a second northern hotel in Chiang Rai – Dusit Island Resort Chiang Rai opened the same year.
In 1995, Dusit International acquired the Hotel Nikko Manila  by purchasing shares in the holding company, Philippine Hoteliers Inc. (PHI), from Japan Airlines Development Company Limited and JAL Trading Inc. After the acquisition, The Hotel Nikko Manila came under the management of Dusit Thani Hotels & Resorts, and was renamed the Dusit Hotel Nikko, Manila. The Manila hotel underwent a major renovation programme and became Dusit Thani Manila in April 2008. It is known for the Supreme Court ruling on "Illegal Strike" which considered the shaving of heads by the employees of Dusit Hotel as tantamount to committing strike. The issue has been protested widely in the Philippines especially with the International Labour Organization's findings that the Philippine government and the Supreme Court violated the workers' right to freedom of expression and association and redefined the meaning of strike.
In early 2001, Dusit Thani Dubai opened, adding the Middle East to the Dusit portfolio. In 2005, Dusit set up the Middle East Regional Office also in Dubai, covering the Gulf Cooperation Council member countries.
In November 2006, Dusit Thani Hotels & Resorts added a brand extension – the Dusit Lifestyle Collection with dusitD2 hotels & resorts. dusitD2 is the second generation brand of Dusit Thani Hotels & Resorts. The first property in the dusitD2 collection opened in November 2006 in the historical city of Chiang Mai.  The second dusitD2 hotel - dusitD2 Baraquda Pattaya was officially launched in February 2009.
In addition to the Dusit sub-brand extension, the company introduced Dusit Residence Serviced Apartments. Pearl Coast Premier Hotel Apartments, Dubai, United Arab Emirates was opened in January 2007, followed by Dusit Residence Dubai Marina, United Arab Emirates in 2008.
Dusit International portfolio also includes Dusit Princess Hotels & Resorts. The rebirth of the spirit of the original Princess hotel came with the 1989 opening of the Royal Princess Larn Luang, Bangkok, a boutique-style hotel opened near the city’s Grand Palace. There are currently 7 Dusit Princess Hotels & Resorts in Thailand. The first Dusit Princess outside Thailand, Dusit Princess City Centre, Dubai opened in December 2009.
In 2007, Dusit entered into a joint venture agreement with Bird Hospitality Services (BHS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Bird Group, to bring the collection of Dusit International property brands to India.  The first property in the Dusit Devarana collection opened in 2013 in New Delhi. The 50 room hotel features a 330-foot-long pool as the centerpiece.  In 2014, Dusit Thani introduced its second Devarana property signing of an agreement with Zhuzhou Nature Real Estate Development Company.  The Dusit Devarana Hot Springs & Spa Resort Zhuzhou is set to open in 2019, which features 150 rooms and villas, with each villa boasting a private hot springs pool.
Dusit Thani has announced to open three more hotels in China as well as 45 other projects in the pipeline, including Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, Dusit Residence West Bay Doha, Dusit Thani Dilmunia Bahrain, and Dusit Thani Jeddah.
In October 2014, Dusit International partnering with Maxsen World signed a deal with Springfield Land Corporation to build the Dusit Thani Brookwater Golf and Spa Resort in Queensland, Australia.  The construction of the resort started in mid 2016 and is scheduled to complete in 2019. The $550 million project includes 520 residential resort apartments, a tennis stadium to host international tour events, a water park, a retail emporium, an aquatic centre designed to Commonwealth Games standards, a Convention Centre set to host business conferences, ballroom, day spa, gymnasium, restaurants and resort retail, indoor and outdoor recreational and leisure facilities, as well as recreation clubs, a wedding chapel and man-made beach. 
The group's other business are hotel management of both Thai and overseas properties, and education, through the Dusit Thani College and a Bangkok culinary school joint venture with Le Cordon Bleu of France. In 1993, Thanpuying Chanut founded the Dusit Thani College. In 2009 it initiated a programme with Lyceum of the Philippines University. Additionally, the college opened its new campus in Pattaya in 2011.
Besides these, The Dusit Executive Development Center (DEDC) was established in 2005 as a subsidiary of Dusit Thani Public Co., Ltd. to provide executive training and development courses to individuals and various organisations. 
Dusit International is a member of the Preferred Hotel Group. Dusit International comprises five hotel brands: Dusit Thani Hotels & Resorts, Dusit’s second generation dusitD2 hotels & resorts, Dusit Princess Hotel & Resorts, Dusit Devarana Hotels & Resorts, and Dusit Residence Serviced Apartments. It also operates its own signature Devarana Spa.
|Dusit Devarana Hot Springs & Spa Conghua||Devarana||Guangzhou||China|
|dusitD2 Fudu Binhu Hotel||D2||Changzhou||China|
|Dusit Thani Dongtai||Thani||Jiangsu||China|||
|Dusit Thani Fudu Qingfeng||Thani||Qingfeng||China|
|Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo||Thani||Cairo||Egypt|
|Dusit Thani Maldives||Thani||Baa Atoll||Maldives|
|Dusit Thani Manila||Thani||Makati||Philippines|
|Dusit Thani Bangkok||Thani||Bangkok||Thailand|
|Dusit Thani Hua Hin||Thani||Hua Hin||Thailand|
|Dusit Princess Korat||Princess||Korat||Thailand|
|dusitD2 Chiang Mai||D2||Chiang Mai||Thailand|
|dusitD2 Phuket Resort||D2||Phuket||Thailand|
|Dusit Princess Chiang Mai||Princess||Chiang Mai||Thailand|
|Dusit Princess Srinakarin||Princess||Srinakarin||Thailand|
|Royal Princess Larn Luang||Princess||Larn Luang||Thailand|
|Pathumwan Princess MBK Centre||Princess||Bangkok||Thailand|
|Dusit Island Resort Chiang Rai||Thani||Chiang Rai||Thailand|
|Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket||Thani||Phuket||Thailand|
|Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort||Thani||Krabi Beach||Thailand|
|Dusit Thani Pattaya||Thani||Pattaya||Thailand|
|Pearl Coast Apartments||Princess||Dubai||United Arab Emirates|||
|Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi||Thani||Abu Dhabi||United Arab Emirates|||
|Dusit Residence Dubai Marina||Thani||Dubai||United Arab Emirates|
|Dusit Thani Dubai||Thani||Dubai||United Arab Emirates|
|Dusit Thani Brookwater Golf and Spa Resort||Thani||Queensland||Australia|
|Dusit Thani residences Davao (future)||Residences||Davao||PhiIippines|
|dusitD2 BGC (future)||D2||Taguig||Philippines|
|dusitD2 Davao (future)||Davao||Davao||Philippines|
|Dusit Princess Cebu (future)||Princess||Cebu||Philippines|
|dusitD2 kenz hotel||D2||Dubai||United Arab Emirates|
|dusitD2 Hotel Constance Pasadena||D2||Pasadena||United States|
|Dusit Thani Guam Resort||Thani||Guam||United States|||
- Annual report, 2009 (PDF)
- "Thailand's First Lady of Hospitality". Tourism Insider. October 25, 2009. Retrieved April 23, 2016.
- "Thanpying Chanut Piyaoui - 35 Most influential Thais" (PDF). The Nation. July 1, 2006. Retrieved April 23, 2016.
- "'Why shouldn’t I be the one to build it?'". November 21, 2007. Retrieved April 23, 2016.
- "Dusit International - One of Asia's Leading Hotel Brands". Retrieved April 23, 2016.
- "Asian Hotel Chains". April 11, 2012. Retrieved June 16, 2016.
- "The History of Dusit Hotels". Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Dusit International – One of Asia’s Leading Hotel Brands". tourism-insider.com. Tourism-Insider. 30 September 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Outrageous and Erroneous Supreme Court Ruling on Dusit Hotel case discussed in Church-Labor Conference congress". Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Thailand Dusit on expansion drive in Middle East region". Gulf Times. April 1, 2014. Retrieved April 23, 2016.
- "Dusit Thani: Town in Heaven". March 30, 2008. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "dusitD2 hotels + resorts = Dusit Lifestyle Collection". 18 January 2008. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Dusit Unveils New Brand in Chiang Mai". Hotel Business Review. November 30, 2006. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Company Update: Dusit International". 25 August 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Dusit International - Asia's Leading Hotel Brands". 25 October 2009. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Dusit Princess Hotels & Resorts". Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Dusit International Opens Dusit Princess City Centre". www.khaleejtimes.com. Khaleej Times. 2 December 2009. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Dusit International Proudly Announces Dynamic Expansion Projects". Hospitality.Net. 8 May 2007. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Dusit Bird Hotels to open its first hotel in New Delhi in September 2010". April 16, 2010. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Dusit aims high in China".
- "China's First Dusit Thani Hotel Debuts In Jiangsu Province".
- "Dusit International to open first property in China". BusinessTraveller.com. 12 November 2009. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Hotel Insider: the Dusit Thani, Abu Dhabi". The National. November 14, 2013. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Dusit enters Saudi in joint venture". ArabianIndustry.com. 12 April 2015. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "$550 Million Dusit Thani Brookwater Golf Resort And Spa Makes Splash On Market". theurbandeveloper.com. 16 October 2015. Retrieved 7 August 2016.
- "Work to start on Brookwater luxury resort". The Queensland Times. 9 July 2016. Retrieved 7 August 2016.
- "Dusit Thani College’s newest Campus in Pattaya City Opens in June 2011". 8 April 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "The Threat Underground - Will Bangkok's venerable Dusit Thani close?". CNN. November 30, 2000. Retrieved April 23, 2016.
- "Dusit establishes Training and Development Company". Hospitality Net. 21 September 2005. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "China's First Dusit Thani Hotel Debuts In Jiangsu Province". Hospitality Net. 21 January 2016. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Thai hotelier Dusit plans to launch new Dubai property". Arabian Business. 12 June 2016. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Dusit Thani Guam Resort luxury villa suites showcase". Travel Daily News. 20 May 2016. Retrieved 16 June 2016.