|Date of birth:||April 18, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Dallas, Texas|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||180 lb (82 kg)|
|High school:||Dallas (TX) Wilmer-Hutchins|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career Arena statistics|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
Dustin D. Bell (born April 18, 1987) is an American football defensive back who is currently a free agent. He played collegiately for UTEP Miners at University of Texas at El Paso. Bell was considered a top shutdown corner coming out of Bakersfield Junior College.
Bell attended Wilmer-Hutchins High School in Dallas, Texas, where he played football, basketball and baseball. He was All-District in all three sports. As a Quarterback his Sophomore year he led the eagles to the second round in the playoffs where the loss a thriller against the Rusk Eagles. When he was a Senior at Hutch he led the Eagles to the third round in the playoffs. He had record-setting QB statistics; 1770 yards with 27 touchdowns. The Dallas Morning News Area Top 100 list and Named a Sleeper in The Dave Campbell Texas Football book, and TexPreps.com. He was MVP his Senior year. He was a three star athlete excelling in Basketball and in Baseball.
After high school, Bell originally signed with University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) on a football scholarship, but would end up attending Bakersfield Junior College, where he continued his football career. He red-shirted as a freshman in 2005 season. He was considered a contender for starting cornerback his redshirt freshman season. He compiled 70 tackles and 10 interceptions in two years at Bakersfield. In December 2007, Bell committed to Kansas State University to continue his football career.
New Orleans VooDoo
Bell signed with the New Orleans VooDoo for the 2013 season. Bell was reassigned before the season began.
Return to Tri-Cities
Bell re-signed with the Fever for the 2014 season.
- Scott Eklund (November 7, 2007). "Bell shuts down opposing wideouts". www.utep.scout.com. Microsoft. Retrieved January 13, 2014.
- "Top 20 highlights from 2004 season". www.texasfootball.com. Texas Football/Host Interactive Group. January 2, 2005. Retrieved January 13, 2014.
- Kevin McPherson (February 2, 2005). "The 2005 Quarterback Class of Texas". www.utep.scout.com. Microsoft. Retrieved January 13, 2014.
- Stacey Dean (December 16, 2007). "Bakersfield Duo, Dustin Bell & BB, Choose KSU". www.utep.scout.com. Microsoft. Retrieved January 13, 2014.
- "Preview 2008 Preseason Rankings". www.utep.scout.com. Microsoft. August 6, 2006. Retrieved January 13, 2014.
- "Player Bio: Dustin Bell". www.utepathletics.cstv.com. University of Texas at El Paso. Retrieved January 13, 2014.
- "2009 UTEP Preview – Depth Chart". www.utep.scout.com. Microsoft. July 18, 2009. Retrieved January 13, 2014.