Colquitt with the Kansas City Chiefs
|No. 2 – Kansas City Chiefs|
May 6, 1982 |
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school:||Knoxville (TN) Bearden|
|NFL Draft:||2005 / Round: 3 / Pick: 99|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 10, 2017|
|Player stats at PFR|
Dustin Farr Colquitt (born May 6, 1982) is an American football punter for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League. He played college football at Tennessee and was selected by the Chiefs in the third round of the 2005 NFL Draft.
Colquitt accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, and played for coach Phillip Fulmer's Tennessee Volunteers football team from 2001 to 2004. As a junior in 2003, he was recognized as a first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection, and a consensus first-team All-American. As a senior in 2004, he again earned first-team All-SEC honors.
The Kansas City Chiefs selected Colquitt in the third round (99th pick overall) of the 2005 NFL Draft, and he has played for the Chiefs since 2005. In 2010, he was voted the Ed Block Courage Award. In the 2012 season, he had a punting average of 46.8, the highest he has ever had in a season. From 2005 to 2012, Colquitt had 657 career punts with a 44.7 yard average. On March 5, 2013, Colquitt signed a five-year contract extension worth $18.75 million, with $8.9 million guaranteed, making him the NFL's highest paid punter.
Colquitt comes from a family with a distinguished lineage of punters, including his father Craig, who won a pair of Super Bowl rings punting for the Pittsburgh Steelers from 1978 to 1984. His younger brother Britton, who currently plays for the Cleveland Browns, also played for Tennessee, as did his cousin Jimmy. Colquitt is married with five children.
- Pinchevsky, Tal (2014-11-11). "The Colquitts, Football's First Family of Fourth Down". Sports. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- "Dustin Colquitt College Stats". College Football at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "Dustin Colquitt". nfl.com. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- "Dustin Colquitt's Kansas City Chiefs contract worth $18.75M". NFL.com. March 4, 2013.
- "The Punting Colquitt Brothers Are Keeping Alive a Family Pedigree in the N.F.L.," The Associated Press, Saturday, November 13, 2010.
- Sweeney, Pete. "Five Things to Know About Dustin Colquitt". Kansas City Chiefs. Retrieved 2017-11-15.