Jeffrey with the Penguins, March 2013.
February 27, 1988 |
Sarnia, ON, CAN
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)|
|NHL Draft||171st overall, 2007
Dustin Jeffrey (born February 27, 1988) is a Canadian professional ice hockey centre who is currently playing for the Arizona Coyotes of the National Hockey League (NHL). Jeffrey was drafted as the 171st overall selection in the sixth round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft by the Pittsburgh Penguins
On October 9, 2007, Jeffrey signed a three year entry-level contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins. He attended training camp with the Penguins in September 2008, and was assigned to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Jeffrey tallied his first professional point in his second professional game in the AHL with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on October 11, 2008 against the Philadelphia Phantoms. He scored this goal a minute into the first period on goaltender Jean-Sebastien Aubin.
Jeffrey made his NHL debut with the Penguins on December 26, 2008. He recorded his first point on December 30 and his first goal on January 1, 2009, both against goaltender Manny Fernandez of the Boston Bruins. He was called as spare for 2009 playoffs. Pittsburgh gave him a Stanley Cup ring, and included him on the team picture. Jefffrey however did not qualify to be included on the Stanley Cup.
Jeffrey played with both the Pittsburgh and their AHL affiliate Wilkes-Barre multiple times during the 2010-11 NHL season. He played 25 games with the Penguins during the 2010-11 season, scoring seven goals and 12 points in 25 games. His season came to an end on March 24, 2011, when he was placed on the injured reserve due to a "lower body injury" after Philadelphia Flyers forward Jeff Carter fell on Jeffrey's right knee. It was revealed on April 5, 2011 that he had a torn ACL and had undergone surgery; he required six months' worth of rehabilitation and did not return until the start of the 2011–12 season.
On July 12, 2011 Jeffrey signed a two-year, two-way contract with the Penguins worth $575,000 annually at the NHL level. On October 10, 2012, with the NHL lockout in effect, Jeffrey signed a temporary contract with Croatian club KHL Medveščak Zagreb of the Austrian Hockey League.
On November 17, 2013, Jeffrey was put on waivers by the Penguins and claimed by the Dallas Stars. On June 17, 2014, the Texas Stars won the Calder Cup for the first time in franchise history. Jeffrey wasn't given a qualifying offer before the Restricted Free Agent deadline, from the Stars, making him an unrestricted free agent.
On July 1, 2015, Jeffrey continued his journeyman career in signing a one-year, two-way contract as a free agent with the Arizona Coyotes.
|2005–06||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||39||12||11||23||10||4||1||2||3||2|
|2006–07||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||68||34||58||92||40||13||6||12||18||11|
|2007–08||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||56||38||59||97||30||14||3||8||11||12|
|2012–13||KHL Medvescak Zagreb||EBEL||20||11||12||23||20||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||Bridgeport Sound Tigers||AHL||20||8||15||23||4||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honors
|Calder Cup Champion||2014|
- Molinari, Dave (October 9, 2007). "Penguins sign center to entry-level contract". Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- "Pens reduce roster to 42 players". National Hockey League. September 28, 2008. Retrieved February 3, 2011.
- Yoshe, Josh (January 24, 2011). "Jeffrey's road well traveled". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- Shelly Anderson (March 26, 2011). "Penguins Notebook: Orpik expected to return next week". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Dave Molinari (April 6, 2011). "Penguins beat Devils, 4-2, move a step closer to home ice in playoffs". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette`.
- "Pens re-sign Dustin Jeffrey". National Hockey League. July 12, 2011. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- "Stars add depth with waiver claim Jeffrey". National Hockey League. November 17, 2013. Retrieved November 17, 2013.
- "Canucks sign centers Cal O'Reilly, Dustin Jeffrey and Defenesman Bobby Saguinetti". Prince George Citizen. July 2, 2014. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
- "Islanders Acquire Jeffrey". National Hockey League. March 2, 2015. Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- "Coyotes sign Dustin Jeffrey to one-year, two-way contract". Arizona Coyotes. 2015-07-01. Retrieved 2015-07-01.