|Member of the Idaho House of Representatives|
from District 29 Seat A
December 1, 2016 – December 1, 2018
|Preceded by||Mark Nye|
|Succeeded by||Chris Abernathy|
|Alma mater||University of Utah|
Early life, education, and career
Manwaring was raised in Blackfoot and graduated from Blackfoot High School. Later, he earned a Bachelor of Science from the University of Utah and a Juris Doctor from Drake University School of Law. Currently he practices law in Pocatello, assisting clients in business and intellectual property issues in California and Idaho, where he is licensed to practice law. Previously he worked for SkyWest Airlines, for Mitt Romney's 2008 and 2012 presidential campaigns, for the Iowa Republican Party, and as a law clerk for the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Iowa.
Idaho House of Representatives
When Representative Mark Nye opted to run for the Idaho Senate, Manwaring announced as a candidate for the House seat Representative Nye was vacating. He was unopposed in the Republican primary and defeated Pocatello attorney David Maguire in the general election. Manwaring is the only Republican serving in Legislative District 29.
On January 6, 2018, Manwaring was recognized by the Idaho Young Republicans as the Elected Official of the Year for 2017.
In April 2018, Manwaring was selected to attend the State Legislative Leaders Foundation Emerging Leaders Program for up to 50 of the best and brightest state legislators from across the nation held at the University of Virginia, in partnership with the distinguished Darden School of Business.
In August 2018, Manwaring participated in a 12-day political exchange program to New Zealand as a delegate on a trip organized by the American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL). Manwaring joined six other emerging political and policy leaders between the ages of 25-40 from across the United States to explore the governance, politics, and policy making in New Zealand. The exchange was arranged by ACYPL in partnership with the New Zealand Parliament, and made possible by a grant from the United States Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
- Business Committee
- Local Government Committee
- State Affairs Committee
- 2017 State Employee Group Insurance & Benefits
- 2018 Economic Outlook and Revenue Assessment Committee
- 2018 Occupational Licensing & Certification Laws Committee
|2016 Primary||Dustin Manwaring||1,414||100.0%|
|2016 General||Dustin Manwaring||8,609||52.2%||David Maguire||7,884||47.8%|
- "Rep. Dustin Manwaring". Boise, Idaho: Idaho Legislature. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- "Dustin W. Manwaring announces candidacy for state representative". Pocatello, Idaho. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- Journal, Idaho State. "Nominees". Idaho State Journal. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- Contributor, Steve Taggart, Idaho Politics Weekly. "A Republican Wins a Legislative Race in Pocatello". idahopoliticsweekly.com. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "PayPal Hosts NCSL Emerging Leaders Symposium at HQ | PayPal Government Relations". publicpolicy.paypal-corp.com. Retrieved 2018-01-03.
- Foundation, State Legislative Leaders. "Representative Manwaring selected for leadership program". Idaho State Journal. Retrieved 2018-07-12.
- NZ Parliament (2018-10-04), #acyplNZ: NZ Trip 2018, retrieved 2018-10-22
- Denney, Lawerence. "May 17, 2016 Primary Election Results: Legislative Totals". Boise, Idaho: Secretary of State of Idaho. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- Denney, Lawerence. "Nov 8, 2016 General Election Results: Legislative Totals". Boise, Idaho: Secretary of State of Idaho. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
|This article about an Idaho politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|