Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball
This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (June 2013)
|Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball|
North American box art
|Publisher(s)||Tonkin House |
|Genre(s)||Sports (softball) |
Multiplayer (up to 2 players)
Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball (released in Japan as Softball Tengoku) is a one- or two-player NES video game where players can select various fictional softball players and customize their own team to take to the championship.
Despite the game being a softball game, the rules are more reminiscent of baseball with the exception of each game played to a maximum of 7 innings (unless extras are needed to break a tie). Players can choose to play either "fast pitch" or "slow pitch" and assemble their teams from 60 characters some of whom with noticeable trademarks. for instance:
- Diablo: looks like the devil bats with a club but runs very slowly.
- Zelda: looks like a witch bats with a mop.
- Mike: skips as he runs.
- Binky: Has the ability to float while playing defense.
The game features 6 different "arenas" to play each with their own features and ground rules:
- Sandlot: Based on a traditional sandlot the field has areas with high grass and rocks with can interfere with a live play. To hit a home run the player only has to hit a ball over the "home run line" not beyond the fence.
- Park: the area beyond the home run line has several park benches are trash cans with can interfere with the play.
- Cliff: The smallest field. any ball that rolls under the picket fence in right field is a ground rule double.
- School: Based on a schoolyard. a home run is scored if a ball goes over the home run line, but if it breaks a window on the school's building it's an automatic out.
- Island: similar to a professional field, there are 2 small lakes in foul territory which are out of play.
- Professional (in 2-player mode only): standard field.
Players may also choose their team name from a list of 25 names each from a different letter of the alphabet (I does not have a team):
The game also features a mercy rule, with the game ending if someone leads by 10 or more runs after an entire inning is played.
1 Player Game
The player selects a field and attempts to win one game on each field. Upon doing so, the player then faces a difficult all female team of "unselectable" players called "The Amazons" on the professional field. Defeating the Amazons beats the game.
2 Player game
Players play an "exhibition game" on any one of the 6 available fields.
|This baseball video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|