Dutch Bangla Bank
|Traded as||DSE: DUTCHBANGL|
|Founded||Dhaka, Bangladesh (1995)|
|M Sahabuddin Ahmed (founder chairman) and the Dutch company FMO|
|Products||Banking services, ATM services, Consumer Banking
Investment Banking Mobile Banking
Number of employees
|Slogan||Your Trusted Partner|
|Website|| [dead link]|
Dutch-Bangla Bank Limited (the Bank, DBBL) is a bank in Bangladesh. DBBL is a scheduled joint venture commercial bank between local Bangladeshi parties by M Sahabuddin Ahmed (Founder & Chairman) and a Dutch company FMO. DBBL was established under the Bank Companies Act 1991 and incorporated as a public limited company under the Companies Act 1994 in Bangladesh with the primary objective to carry on all kinds of banking business in Bangladesh. DBBL commenced formal operation from June 3, 1996. The Bank is listed with the Dhaka Stock Exchange Limited and Chittagong Stock Exchange Limited.
The bank is often colloquially referred to as "DBBL", "Dutch Bangla" and "Dutch Bangla Bank". (DBBL.Limited )
ATM network/DBBL Nexus participating banks
DBBL maintains its own network and automation. DBBL has over 4,000 ATM's installed all over Bangladesh, making it the largest network in Bangladesh. On 10/10/10, DBBL inaugurated its 1000th ATM at the factory premises of the GlaxoSmithKline, Chittagong.
On 3 June 2010, Dutch Bangla Bank announced internet payments gateway system (Nexus Gateway). Using their Internet Payment Gateway merchants are able to charge their customers' Visa, Masters, DBBL Nexus and Maestro cards online. Presently DBBL has more than 400 e-commerce Merchants.
Dutch Bangla Bank supports social work and is one of the largest private donors in Bangladesh. The bank donates towards social awareness programs, medical and educational fields. DBBL has the largest scholarship program in Bangladesh. In 2007, the bank won the Bangladesh Business Awards for being the 'Best Financial Institution' mainly for its commitment to technology and community service.
- "Dutch-Bangla Bank Limited - Banglapedia". en.banglapedia.org. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "DBBL branches to reach 79, ATMs 850 by yr-end". Financial Express. Retrieved 2 September 2009.
- "DBBL’s ATM taps 1000". dhakamirror.com. Dhaka Mirror. 2016-08-05.
- "DBBL Introduced Internet Payments in Bangladesh". The HungryCoder. 2010-06-08. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Tk 31 lakh Dutch-Bangla aid for acid, dowry victims". archive.thedailystar.net. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Dutch-Bangla Bank distributes blankets". archive.thedailystar.net. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Tk 4 crore Dutch-Bangla donation for Cancer Hospital". archive.thedailystar.net. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Dutch-Bangla Bank stands by acid victims, divorcees". archive.thedailystar.net. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "127 students get DBBF scholarships". archive.thedailystar.net. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Dutch-Bangla Bank support to HIV positives". archive.thedailystar.net. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Dutch-Bangla Bank Foundation awards scholarship". archive.thedailystar.net. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- DutchBanglaBank.com, Official Website of Dutch Bangla Bank