Dutch West Indian Americans
|54,377 (2010 U.S. Census)|
|Regions with significant populations|
|Texas, Oklahoma, New York City, Miami, Arkansas|
|Dutch, Papiamento, Spanish, English|
Dutch West Indian Americans or Dutch Antillean Americans are Americans of Dutch Antillean descent. According to the 2010 Census Bureau figures there 54,377 Americans under the category of "Dutch West Indian".
In the 2000 US Census, the number of Americans reported whose origins are in the Dutch West Indian was of 35,359. In this Census (and to difference of the 2010 US Census whose Dutch West Indian ethnics were not mentioned of individual way) a total of 1,970 people affirmed just be of Aruban descent, while only 352 people claimed descent from people of St. Maarten.
Immigrants from the Dutch West Indies came to the United States in small waves throughout the 20th century and largely settled in Oklahoma and Texas, which today are home to 60% of the Dutch West Indian American population. Dutch West Indian Americans comprise 0.05% of the Texas population, more than three times the comparable national share — the highest location quotient of any ancestry in the state.
- Maureen Bunyan (Aruba)
- Hildward Croes (Aruba)
- Shad Gaspard (Curaçao)
- Daniel De Leon (Curaçao)
- Jim Jones (rapper) (Aruba)
- "Total ancestry categories tallied for people with one or more ancestry categories reported 2010 American Community Survey 1-Year Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 18 January 2015. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- [dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-12-01. Retrieved 2020-03-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Ph.D, Reed Ueda (September 21, 2017). America's Changing Neighborhoods: An Exploration of Diversity through Places [3 volumes]. ABC-CLIO. ISBN 9781440828652 – via Google Books.
- "Table 1. First, Second, and Total Responses to the Ancestry Question by Detailed Ancestry Code: 2000". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-10-27.
- "Most Unusual Ancestry by State – Page 10 – 24/7 Wall St".