|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||WB 25/WB 26|
|Sex ratio||1:0.94 ♂/♀|
- 1 Geography
- 2 Demographics
- 3 Administration
- 4 Education
- 5 Healthcare
- 6 Economy
- 7 Climate
- 8 Transport
- 9 Bus Routes without Numbers
- 10 STA Bus Routes
- 11 References
Duttapukur is located in the GangesBrahmaputra delta region in the district of North 24 parganas, West Bengal state in the eastern India. A tributary of Bidyadhari River known as Suti flows through Duttapukur. Duttapukur is 30 km from Sealdah & 35 km from Howrah, 7 km from Barasat and 32 km from Bongaon on the Sealdah-Bangaon section of Eastern Railway 
As of 2011[update] India census, Duttapukur had a population of 79,815 (at proper Duttapukur Area). Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Duttapukur has an average literacy rate of 77%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 82%, and female literacy is 73%. In Duttapukur, 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Duttapukur falls under the jurisdiction of Duttapukur Police Station (Formerly under Barasat PS Judiciaries ). Duttapukur is a census town under Barasat I (community development block) of Barasat sadar subdivision. Duttapukur I and Duttapukur II gram panchayats are responsible for development of Duttapukur. It falls under the Assembly constituency of Amdanga (Vidhan Sabha constituency) and Barrackpore (Lok Sabha constituency).
Other Offices of the Government or Government Owned Companies that helps the town by providing other facilities:
- WBSEDCL (Group Electric Supply Office) (Duttapukur Station Road)
- West Bengal Rural Health Center (Duttapukur Hospital Road)
- India Post office (Pin-743248) (Duttapukur Station Road)
- BSNL Office (Ph no 2536 xxxx) (Duttapukur Jessore Road)
- National Insurance of India Copr. (Duttapukur Jessore Road Hatkhola)
- West Bengal Govt Revenue Collection office for Local Area (Duttapukur Jessore Road & Station Road)
- Duttapukur PHE office
There are many primary and higher secondary schools. Most of the schools, in the town, are run by the state government. All of the secondary schools are affiliated to the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education and the higher secondary schools are affiliated to the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education. Students usually choose from one of three streams — Arts, Commerce, or Science, though vocational streams are also available. Institute for higher education is not available in Duttapukur. Students have to go to nearby towns like Barasat, Madhyamgram, Birati, Habra or to Kolkata to attend college.
Higher secondary schools
- Dattapukur Mahesh Vidyapith
- Dighara Haradayal Vidyapith
- Duttapukur Adarsha Vidyapith
- Faldi High School
- Kashimpur (Boys) High School
- Kashimpur (Girls) High School
- Nebadhui Balika Vidyalaya
- Nebadhai High School
- Jadav Tarafder Smriti Madhyamik Vidyalaya
- Meghnad Ghosh Madhyamik Siksha Kendra
- Rajiv Gandi Memorial School (Co-Edu)
- Chaltaberia Free Primary School
- Dighara Haradayal Vidyapith(Primary)
- Duttapukur Adarsha F.P School
- Kalipada Sriti Siksha Mandir
- kashimpur prathamik vidyaloy
- Mahesh Vidyapith Prathamik Vidyaloy
- Nebadhui Prathamik Vidyaloy
- Shibamani Prathamik Vidyalaya
National Award winner teachers
"National Teacher" award from Govt. of India was awarded to two of the well known teachers and social workers.
- Subrata Basu - Previous headmaster of the Nebadhai High School.
- Swarnakamal Biswas - Previous Headmaster of the Duttapukur Mahesh Vidyapith.
North 24 Parganas district has been identified as one of the areas where ground water is affected by arsenic contamination. In this connection, Rotary Club of Calcutta has taken a project purifying the rain water is to be given to the Kashimpur Boys & Girl’s High school both.
Local clubs also conducts health awareness programmes.
- Duttapukur Health Center (Duttapukur Hospital Road)
- Duttapukur Sub-Health Center (Duttapukur Gangapur)
- Duttapukur Sub-Health Center(Duttapukur Nebadhai)
The proximity to Kolkata helps residents commute daily to Kolkata. Most of the people earns their living doing services in various central government, State Govt. or non-govt. companies. Besides two large markets known as Duttapukur Station Market and Hatkhola Bazar. Duttapukur town consists four of Daily Vegetable Market at Nebadhai, Duttapukur Station, Duttapukur Hatkhola & Gangapur Area. Side by side it's also have two of Bi-weekly Hat at Duttapukur Hatkhola (One of the largest Vegetable - Fruits & Fish Market for bulk cum retail customer in 24pgs(North) and Jublighata Hat. Recently the Government of West Bengal open a new Vegetable Market at Gangapur. (i.e. Duttapukur Krishi Biponi Kendra). One new Shopping Mall has been opened at Duttapukur Talikhola, named Utsarga Bazar (Near Hatkhola)
Six Nationalised Banks & several ATMs are located at Duttapukur in different location of the town.
- United Bank of India (Duttapukur Station Road, Sub Branch at Joypul)
- Bank of India (Duttapukur-Nilgange Road, Shibalaya Kashimpur More)
- State Bank of India (Duttapukur Hatkhola)
- Bank of Baroda (Duttapukur Hatkhola)
- ICICI Bank (Duttapukur Hatkhola)
- Allahabad Bank (Duttapukur Hatkhola)
- Axis Bank (Duttapukur Hatkhola)
- Bandhan bank (Duttapukur-Nilgange Road, Near Gangapur Burtalla)
ATMs:- United Bank of India ATM (1. Duttapukur Station Road, 2. Duttapukur Hatkhola ) Bank of India ATM (1. Duttapukur-Nilganj Road, Gangapur) State Bank of India ATM (1. Duttapukur Hatkhola- Hospital road, 2. Duttapur Hatkhola, 3. Nebadhai Bazar, 4. Hospital Road, Amantran More near DTK Rly Station), Bank of Baroda ATM (1.Duttapukur Hatkhola), ICICI Bank ATM (1. Duttapukur Hatkhola), Axis Bank ATM (1. Duttapukur Hatkhola & Duttapukur Station Road), HDFC Bank ATM (1. Duttapukur Hatkhola)
Other Important Offices
- Indane Gas distributors (Devdeep & Indane Gramin Vitrak  ), Softtech Computer teaches Computer the leading schools at Duttapukur.
The climate is tropical — like the rest of the Gangetic West Bengal. The hallmark is the Monsoon — from early June to mid September. The weather remains dry during the winter (mid November to mid February) and humid during summer.
Temperature : 40 °C in May (Max) and 10 °C in January (Min) Relative Humidity: Between 55% in March & 98% in July
Rainfall: 1,579mm (Normal)
It is 30 km from Sealdah Station and 8 km from Barasat on the Sealdah-Bangaon branch line of Eastern Railway. It is part of the Sealdah Main section of the Kolkata Suburban Railway system. Duttapukur local, Habra local, Gobardanga local, Bangaon local Connects Duttapukur to Sealdah and other stations of Sealdah-Bangaon branch line. Duttapukur railway station has been selected to be constructed as a Model Station in the 2009 rail budget by Mamata Banerjee.
Duttapukur - Alampur directly Connects Duttapukur to Alampur Via Barasat, Rajarhat, 2nd Hoogly Bridge (MM5). Duttapukur - Dakshineswar directly Connects Duttapukur to Sodepur(MM3), Barrackpore(MM3), Dakshineswar(MM3), Barasat(MM3/1), Madhyamgram(MM3/1). Buses of Calcutta Tramways Company connects Duttapukur to Esplanade and Tollygunge through the city of Kolkata.
Other private buses 78E, DN44, MN3, MN6, Thakurnagar - Alampur & Chakla - R.G. Kar Hospital connects Duttapukur to local towns like Habra, Bongaon, Maslandapur, Thakurnagar, Guma, Ashokenagar and Kolkata city using Jessore Road (NH-35). Buses of South Bengal State Transport Corporation from Habra connects Duttapukur to Durgapur, Kathi and Digha. Naihati, Madhyamgram, Nagarukhra, Kalyani, Basirhat, Kolkata, Bagdah, Chakdah, Digha, Durgapur, Baruipur, Howrah, krishnanagar, Behala, Dattaphulia, Nimta, Sodepur etc. all area in south Bengal are well connected to Duttapukur Via Barasat.
- C43 Garia Bus Stand – Habra
- E19 Habra — Digha via Ashoknagar, Guma, Bira, Duttapukur, Barasat Champadali More, Madhyamgram, Birati, Airport Gate No.3, Belghoria Expressway, Dakshineshwar, Bally Halt, Kona Expressway, Salap, Alampur, Dhulagarh, Ranihati, Panchla, Uluberia, Kulgachia, Birshibpur, Bagnan, Kolaghat, Mecheda, Nimtaori, Nandakumar, Norghat, Chandipur, Henria, Bajpul, Kanthi, Chaulkhola, Pichaboni, Ramnagar, Alankarpur
- E20 Habra – Durgapur via Ashoknagar, Duttapukur, Barasat Champadali, Madhyamgram Chowmatha, Airport Gate No.3, Belghoria Expressway, Dakshineshwar, Bally Halt, Dankuni, Barddhaman
- E36 Santragachi/Nabanna – Habra via Vidyasagar Setu, Rabindra Sadan, Esplanade, Central Avenue, Girish Park, Vivekananda Road, Maniktala, Kankurgachi, Ultadanga, VIP Road, Kestopur, Baguihati, Teghoria, Kaikhali, Airport Gate No.1, Birati, Michael Nagar, B.T. College, Doltala, Madhyamgram Chowmatha, Dakbungalow More,Barasat Champadali, Kazipara, Mondon Kathi, Bamungachi, Tentultala, Duttapukur Natun Rastar More, Joypul Bazar, Bira Chowmatha, Lokhisimipur, Guma, Khosdelpur, Ashoknagar No. 3 Rail Gate, Ashoknagar Station, Habra No. 1 Rail Gate, Habra Station, Nagarukhra More, Joygachi, Habra Bus Terminus
DN Series of Routes
- DN35 Barasat – Nabatkathi via Champadali, Kazipara, Duttapukur, Bira, Guma, Ashoknagar, Habra, Machlandapur, Ramchandrapur, Tentulia, Swarupnagar, Bithari, Balti
- DN44 Bongaon – Dakshineshwar via Chandpara, Gaighata, Habra, Ashoknagar, Guma, Bira, Duttapukur, Bamungachi, Barasat Champadali, Dakbungalow More, Madhyamgram Chowmatha, Doltala, B.T. College, Gouripur, Birati, Airport, Belghoria Expressway, Dunlop (Baranagar Road Station)
MM/MN Series of Routes
- MM3 Duttapukur - Dakshineswar via Santoshpur, Wireless Gate, Kalyani Expressway, Muragachha, Sodepur, Dunlop
- MN3 Barasat – Nahata via Champadali, Kazipara, Mondon Kathi, Bamungachi, Duttapukur Tentultala, Duttapukur Natun Rastar More, Joypul Bazar, Bira Chowmatha, Guma Chowmatha, Khosdelpur, Ashoknagar Station, Ashoknagar P.S., 8 No. Kalibari More, Chowrangi, Kachua More, Kalyangarh, Mansabari, Habra Station, JoygachI, Banbania Chowmatha, Jhikira Bazar, Nagarukhra More, Kastodanga, Nimtala, Choubere Chowrasta, Phulbari, Nahat Bazar, Damdama
- MN6 Barasat – Gopalpur Hat via Champadali, Kazipara, Mondon Kathi, Bamungachi, Duttapukur Tentultala, Duttapukur Natun Rastar More, Joypul Bazar, Bira Chowmatha, Guma Chowmatha, Khosdelpur, Ashoknagar Station, Ashoknagar P.S., 8 No. Kalibari More, Chowrangi, Kachua More, Kalyangarh, Mansabari, Habra Station, JoygachI, Saptapally, Hatthuba, Chongda More, Sonpukur, Bergoom, Kachari Bari, Boropole, Jamtala, Nakpul, Kadamtala, Lakshmipur, Sasthitala, Samaderpara, Gobordanga Bazar, Khatura Bazar, Jamdani, Beltala, Badherhat, Madhusan Kathi, Bishnupur, Ramkrishna Pally, Gazna Bazar, Khudiram Pally, Bolendaghata, Sutia, Beltala, Ghoshpara, Panchpota, Kacharipara, Pona Nandapur, Banstala, Berigopalpur
Bus Routes without Numbers
- Chakla – Kolkata Railway Station via Badar, Bira, Duttapukur, Bamungachi, Kazipara, Barasat Champadali, Dakbungalow More, Madhyamgram Chowmatha, Doltala, B.T. College, Gouripur, Birati, Airport Gate No.1, Gorabazar, Dum Dum Cantonment, Nagerbazar, Satgachi, Bangur, Lake Town, Kalindi, Duttabagan, Belgachia, R.G. Kar Hospital
STA Bus Routes
- Bagdah — Digha via Helencha, Nunchapota, Asharu, Bongaon, Chandpara, Gaighata, Habra, Ashoknagar, Guma, Bira, Duttapukur, Bamungachi, Barasat Champadali, Dakbungalow More, Madhyamgram Chowmatha, Doltala, B.T. College, Gouripur, Birati, Airport, Kaikhali, Baguihati, Kestopur, VIP Road, Ultadanga, E.M. Bypass, Chingrighata, Science City, Topsia, Bridge No.4, Park Circus, Minto Park, Rabindra Sadan, P.G. Hospital, P.T.S., Vidyasagar Setu, Carry Road, Belepole, Santragachi, Salap, Alampur, Dhulagarh, Ranihati, Panchla, Uluberia, Kulgachia, Bagnan, Kolaghat, Mecheda, Nandakumar, Bajkul, Kanthi, Ramnagar
- Thakurnagar — Dankuni via Gaighata, Habra, Ashoknagar, Guma, Bira, Duttapukur, Bamungachi, Barasat Champadali, Dakbungalow More, Madhyamgram Chowmatha, Doltala, B.T. College, Gouripur, Birati, Airport, Belghoria Expressway, Dunlop (Baranagar Road Station), Dakshineshwar, Bally Halt, Rajchandrapur, Delhi Road
- Furfura Sharif — Nabatkati via Shiakhala, Kalipur, Chanditala, Dankuni Station, Delhi Road, Rajchandrapur, Bally Halt, Dakshineshwar, Dunlop (Baranagar Road Station), Belghoria Expressway, Birati, Gouripur, B.T. College, Doltala, Madhyamgram Chowmatha, Dakbungalow More, Barasat Champadali, Kazipara, Duttapukur, Bira, Guma, Ashoknagar, Habra, Machlandapur, Ramchandrapur, Tentulia, Swarupnagar, Bithari, Balti
- District-wise list of statutory towns Archived September 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Eastern Railway time table.
- "Primary census abstract data". Census of India. Retrieved 23 February 2014. (For census towns, select "urban" radio button, then select state, district and sub-district. A drop down list of towns well appear. Select the town.)
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (19 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 2007-08-24.