|Full name||Dwayne Barker|
21 September 1983 |
|Height||183 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||99 kg (15 st 8 lb)|
|As of 07 October 2008
He captained the Rhinos Academy to Grand Final success in 2001 beating Wigan. He originally signed for the club from local amateur team Milford ARLFC in 1999. A highly versatile player, he has even played as a winger. He is blessed with good ball skills and pace.
Dwayne Barker was ordered to do 150 hours of community service following an incident outside a Leeds nightclub in July 2002.
Chev Walker and Ryan Bailey were sent to young offenders institutions for their involvement in a city centre brawl. Walker was sentenced to 18 months whilst his then Leeds teammate Bailey was given nine months' detention after an incident outside a Leeds nightclub in July 2002. Rochdale Hornets player Paul Owen was gaoled for 15 months.
All four pleaded guilty to violent disorder at a previous hearing.
The court heard how the brawl began after Owen was said to have been tricked into handing over his mobile phone to an unidentified woman outside Creation nightclub. As he tried to recover it, the Leeds players thought she was being assaulted and set about Owen.
A four-minute video of the brawl was played which showed the Leeds players trading kicks and blows with Owen. At one point Owen was seen to punch Barker to the ground and as he struggled to regain his feet he was kicked in the head and knocked out.
The judge said Barker had played a limited role in the violence.
- "Blake Leary - Career Stats & Summary". Rugby League Project. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Dwayne Barker". SL Stats. 2007-10-29. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- "Rhinos condemn guilty stars". BBC. 2003-07-29. Retrieved 2007-10-28.
- "Rugby league stars jailed". BBC. 2003-07-29. Retrieved 2007-10-28.
- "Barker Joins Quins". SportingLife. 2007-10-26. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- "Quins sign Barker from Castleford". BBC. 2007-10-26. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- "Barker signs for Quins". Sky Sports. 2007-10-26. Retrieved 2007-10-29.
- "Dwayne Barker joins Quins RL". Quins. 2007-10-26. Retrieved 2007-10-29.