This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Born||28 October 1981|
Auckland, New Zealand
|Occupation||Film and television actor and artist|
Dwayne Cameron (born 28 October 1981) is a New Zealand actor, writer, director and producer. Cameron is best known internationally for playing the lead roles of Bray on the teen drama series The Tribe and Tyzonn in Power Rangers Operation Overdrive.
Born in Auckland, New Zealand, Cameron began painting and sculpting at the age of 6 years old. He began acting professionally at 12 when he appeared in a nationally syndicated commercial for Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing. Within three years, he had landed his first role in the American television movie Amazon High where Cameron played the boyfriend of Selma Blair. Two years later, he guest starred alongside William Shatner in A Twist in the Tale. The series was produced in Wellington by Cloud Nine, the same company who would cast him in the lead role for its next project The Tribe.
He remained on the show for the first three series and left to pursue other TV and film work. He is one of the stars scheduled to make a return for the show's sixth series, however the show was canceled before it could go into production. During his time on the series, he went on several publicity tours to Europe to promote both the show and the spin-off album Abe Messiah. He also represented The Tribe when it was a nominated for best international television drama at the 2000 GAIT Awards in Los Angeles.
After The Tribe Cameron made guest appearances in numerous television dramas including Love Bites and Dark Knight. He also had lead roles in Street Legal and the award-winning Mercy Peak during the next two years. He also had starring roles in The Possum Hunter (2000), The Locals (2003) and Cockle (2005).
In 2004, he moved to Los Angeles where he trained at the Stella Adler Academy and the Ivana Chubbuck Acting Studio. He also bought art studios in Los Angeles and Auckland. Signing a contract with Scott Karp and the Syndicate Agency, then based in Universal Studios, Cameron appeared in the 2007 film No Destination with Brianna Brown and John Savage and also played the love interest of Amber Heard in a Warner Brothers music video. He returned to New Zealand where he landed starring roles in Power Rangers Operation Overdrive, Shortland Street, The Cult, and Legend Of The Seeker.
In 2009 Cameron launched an official website highlighting his other talents as a screenwriter, film director, producer and fine arts painter and sculptor. Recent works include playing the lead role of Detective Joshua King in the New Zealand feature film Desired, the lead role in A Dream a short film made with the assistance of Oscar and Palme d'Or winner Jane Campion, and is based on Franz Kafka's The Trial. He also played the lead role in Holding the Sun, a short film based on the works of C.G. Jung and Joseph Campbell, that he wrote, directed, produced and edited. Holding the Sun was nominated for Best Short Film and Best Production Design at the 2013 New Zealand Film Awards and was selected into the Cannes Film Festival in the Short Film Corner the same year.
- One of Them (1998) as Rusty
- The Locals (2003) as Paul
- Cockle (2005, Short) as Cockle
- No Destination (2006, Short) as Troy
- The Puzzle (2010, Short) as Josh
- Vindaloo Empire (2010)
- Curry Munchers (2011) as Connor
- Desired (2011) as Detective Joshua King
- A Dream (2012, Short) as Accused
- The Last Stop (2012, Short) as Station Master
- Pleroma (2013, Short) as Abraxas 'Mach' Machelvie
- Holding the Sun (2013, Short) as Matthew Archview
- Broken Hallelujah (2014) as TV Assistant
- Nice Package (2016) as Frostie
- McLaren (2017, Documentary) as Bruce McLaren
- 211 (2018) as Steve MacAvoy
- Disturbing the Peace (2020) as Diesel
- June (2021, Short) as David
- Amazon High (1997, TV Movie) as Leon
- A Twist in the Tale (1999) as Chris
- The Tribe (1999–2002) as Bray
- Possum Hunter (2000, TV Movie) as Rob
- Dark Knight (2002) as Mordred
- Love Bites (2002) as Barman John
- Mercy Peak (2002–2003) as Gus Van der Velter
- Street Legal (2002-2003) as James Peabody
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder (2004) as Derrick
- Power Rangers S.P.D. (2005) as Dru Harrington / Giganis
- Power Rangers Operation Overdrive (2007) as Tyzonn / Mercury Ranger
- Shortland Street (2008) as Lindsay Reynolds
- Legend of the Seeker (2009) as Kur
- The Cult (2009) as Nathan Lewis
- Emilie Richards (2011) as Schwarzhaariger Brandstifter
- Cancerman: The Milan Brych Affair (2012, TV Movie documentary) as Dr. Garth Cooper
- Strongman: The Tragedy (2012, Documentary) as Peter Crawford
- Mr & Mrs Murder (2013) as Ryan Coltrane
- Agent Anna (2014) as Rory O'Conner
- American Playboy: The Hugh Hefner Story (2017) as Counsellor Summerfield