|Release||June 1, 1999|
Dweep is a puzzle game published in 1999 by Dexterity Software.
Dweep is a purple creature who must negotiate a series of dangerous obstacles to rescue defenseless baby Dweeps.
Obstacles include lasers, heat plates, bombs, and lots of other hazards. Dweep must bypass these using only available non-violent tools such as mirrors, wrenches, and buckets of water. The non-violent, mentally challenging nature of the game was a deliberate design feature.
The game package contains 30 original game levels plus one secret bonus level. Dweep Gold also includes five free bonus levels and two expansion packs (20 levels each), as well as a number of custom levels.
- Dweep won the 2000 Shareware Industry Award.
- The expansion pack, Dweep Gold, won the 2001 Shareware Industry Award for Best Action/Arcade Game. (beating out Arkanoid for the honour)
- "Self-Discipline: Hard Work". 2005-06-08. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "Creativity for Smart People". 2006-03-05. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "2000-1992 SIA Winners". Shareware Industry Awards. Archived from the original on 2 June 2007. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "2001 Winners and Nominees". Shareware Industry Awards. Archived from the original on 13 May 2008. Retrieved 9 June 2015.