|Release date(s)||June 1, 1999|
Dweep is a puzzle game published in 1999 by Dexterity Software.
Dweep is a cute and cuddly purple creature who must negotiate a series of dangerous obstacles to rescue defenseless baby Dweeps.
Obstacles include lasers, heat plates, bombs, and lots of other hazards. Dweep must bypass these using only available non-violent tools such as mirrors, wrenches, and buckets of water. The non-violent, mentally challenging nature of the game was a deliberate design feature.
The game package contains 30 original game levels plus one secret bonus level. Dweep Gold also includes 5 free bonus levels and 2 expansion packs (20 levels each), as well as a number of custom levels.
- Dweep won the 2000 Shareware Industry Award.
- The expansion pack, Dweep Gold, won the 2001 Shareware Industry Award for Best Action/Arcade Game. (beating out Arkanoid for the honour)
- "Self-Discipline: Hard Work". Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "Creativity for Smart People". Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "2000-1992 SIA Winners". Shareware Industry Awards. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "2001 Winners and Nominees". Shareware Industry Awards. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
|This puzzle video game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|