Dyersburg Regional Airport
|Dyersburg Regional Airport|
|Owner||City of Dyersburg|
|Elevation AMSL||338 ft / 103 m|
Dyersburg Regional Airport (ICAO: KDYR, FAA LID: DYR) is a city-owned public use airport located two nautical miles (3.7 km) south of the central business district of Dyersburg, a city in Dyer County, Tennessee, United States. It was formerly known as Dyersburg Municipal Airport.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned DYR by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned DYR to Anadyr Airport in Anadyr, Russia).
Facilities and aircraft
Dyersburg Regional Airport covers an area of 275 acres (111 ha) at an elevation of 338 feet (103 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 4/22 is 5,698 by 100 feet (1,737 x 30 m) and 16/34 is 4,000 by 75 feet.
For the 12-month period ending April 12, 1996, the airport had 19,400 aircraft operations, an average of 53 per day: 94% general aviation and 3% air taxi and 3% military. At that time there were 22 aircraft based at this airport: 77% single-engine and 23% multi-engine.
- Singer Patsy Cline was killed about a half-hour after her private Piper Comanche flew out of the airport on March 5, 1963 when it crashed near Camden, Tennessee while en route to Nashville. Cline's plane had left Fairfax Airport in Kansas City, Kansas where she had performed a concert and had stopped in Dyersburg to refuel.
- "Dyersburg Municipal (DYR)". Airport Directory. Tennessee DOT. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- FAA Airport Master Record for DYR ( PDF), effective 2009-07-02.
- "KDYR - Dyersburg, Tennessee". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- "DYR / UHMA - Anadyr Airport, Russia". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- Jones, M. (1999). Patsy: The Life and Times of Patsy Cline. Da Capo Press. p. 287. ISBN 9780306808869. Retrieved 2014-10-11.
- Aerial photo as of 13 February 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for DYR, effective May 25, 2017
- Resources for this airport: