This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dylan Avery in 2012
November 1, 1983
Leesburg, Virginia, U.S.
Dylan Avery (born November 1, 1983) is an American filmmaker and the creator of the Loose Change films.
After discovering Paul Thompson's Terror Timeline in mid-2002, Avery began writing the screenplay for a thriller in which a group of friends discovers a government cover-up of the September 11, 2001 attacks. After having been denied admission twice by Purchase College film school and realizing that creating a full-budget feature was not feasible for an 18-year-old director, he decided instead to make a documentary. This gave rise to the Loose Change series.
In April 2008, he moved from Oneonta to San Diego, California.
In 2010, Avery worked with teacher and musician Wes Davis to create Buzzkill, a film about a 21-day project to stop drinking coffee and caffeine products. It is available on YouTube.
In April 2011, he moved to Los Angeles to work at a production house in North Hollywood where he did animation assistance for Discovery Channel's Reign of the Dinosaurs (later renamed Dinosaur Revolution) and uncredited research work on Werner Herzog's Into the Abyss.
In December 2012 he began editing A Field Full of Secrets, a documentary about a man who starts investigating crop circles and winds up attempting to build a UFO with a transsexual named Nikola Romanski. It was released by Gravitas Ventures on limited VOD platforms on December 2, 2014.
His current film about police brutality called Black and Blue is scheduled to be released later in 2017.
- Black and Blue (TBA) (writer, director, DP, editor)
- A Field Full of Secrets (2013) (editor, producer)
- Neighbors in Paris (2012) (Handheld DP, editor)
- Avi (2012) (DP, editor)
- The Training (2012) (editor)
- Note (2012) (writer, DP, director, editor)
- Choices (2012) (DP, editor)
- Olson (2011) (writer, DP, director, editor)
- Buzzkill (2010) (DP, director, editor)
- 24 Hours of Free Music (2008) (DP, editor)
- Loose Change 9/11: An American Coup (2009) (writer, director, editor)
- Loose Change: Final Cut (2007) (writer, director, editor)
- Loose Change: Second Edition (2006) (writer, director, editor)
- Loose Change (2005) (writer, director, editor)
- Stahl, Jeremy (September 6, 2011). "The Rise of "Truth"". Retrieved March 20, 2017 – via Slate.
- "Alec Baldwin's "Here's The Thing" interview with Dylan Avery". WYNC. Retrieved August 13, 2012.
- Frater, Patrick (November 9, 2014). "Gravitas Harvests ‘Field Full of Secrets’". variety.com. Retrieved March 20, 2017.
- "Black and Blue - Facebook". facebook.com. Retrieved March 20, 2017.