Dylan Frances Penn
April 13, 1991
|Parent(s)||Sean Penn |
|Relatives||Michael Penn (uncle)|
Chris Penn (uncle)
Leo Penn (grandfather)
Eileen Ryan (grandmother)
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Agency||Wilhelmina Models (New York, Los Angeles) |
d'management group (Milan)
Premier Model Management (London)
DT Model Management (Los Angeles) 
Dylan Frances Penn (born April 13, 1991) is an American actress and model. She is the daughter of Sean Penn and Robin Wright. Her early public roles included modeling campaigns for Gap Inc., a magazine cover for treats!, a music video appearance in Nick Jonas's "Chains" and an acting role in Elvis & Nixon.
Penn was born on April 13, 1991, in Los Angeles, California to actor-director Sean Penn and actress Robin Wright. Wright had surrendered the role of Maid Marian in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves due to her pregnancy with Dylan. Penn was raised in Ross, a town in Marin County, California. She has a younger brother named Hopper Jack.
She attended Marin Academy, and dropped out of the University of Southern California after one semester. She spent time living in New York City. Her parents' divorce was finalized in 2010. Before modeling, Penn had worked delivering pizzas, as a waitress, and as a freelance screenplay editor. She also worked in New York City as a restaurant hostess and an intern at an advertising agency.
Penn posed for photographer Tony Duran for a partially nude cover and an interior layout in the seventh, 2014 Spring/Summer, issue of the erotica and fine arts magazine treats!, released in April 2014. Penn said, "I have always loved his black and white nudes, they were always so tastefully done and, more specifically, showed that certain elegant yet strong beauty that I think all women embody". Within weeks of the issue's release, Penn signed a new modeling contract with Premier Model Management to represent her in the United Kingdom.
Penn appeared at No. 68 on the Maxim annual Hot 100 list in 2014, and at No. 93 in the AskMen.com 99 Most Desirable Women list that same year. In June 2014, she filmed a role in the music video for the Nick Jonas song "Chains" at the Hotel Alexandria. Three months later, Penn and Poppy Delevingne played biker women in Rock Roll Ride, a short film for shoe designer Stuart Weitzman, directed by Julia Restoin Roitfeld, for Paris Fashion Week. She appeared on the cover of L'Officiel that December and the cover of Asos in August 2015. The following January, Penn and her younger brother, Hopper, did their first joint fashion modeling campaign together, eventually making media appearances at Milan Fashion Week.
Penn's first film was the horror movie Condemned, directed by Eli Morgan Gesner, in which she played the girlfriend of a band member living in a rundown building. The film opened on Friday the 13th in November 2015. Another early role was in Elvis & Nixon, which stars Kevin Spacey. The movie was presented in at least one spring film festival and was released in April 2016. In November 2015, it was announced that she had booked roles in a pair of independent films: GenRX and Unfiltered. In 2021, she co-starred with her father in the film Flag Day, which he also directed.
- "Dylan Penn". DT Model Management. Archived from the original on July 28, 2014. Retrieved July 19, 2014.
- "Dylan Penn - Model".
- MacMinn, Aleene (April 17, 1991). "Cradle Watch". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on March 9, 2012. Retrieved July 27, 2014.
Dylan Frances Penn was born Saturday [April 13] at 10:49 p.m. at UCLA Medical Center.
- Fink, Mitchell (August 5, 1991). "The Insider". People. Archived from the original on May 14, 2012. Retrieved July 27, 2014.
- Georgiades, William (March 15, 2013). "Robin Wright: from fairy-tale princess to House of Cards über-bitch". Evening Standard. Retrieved July 27, 2014.
- Tschorn, Adam (April 17, 2011). "Treats magazine fetes Dylan Penn cover, inaugurates Club James". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- White, Nicholas (December 27, 2007). "Sean Penn and Robin Wright Penn Divorcing". People. Retrieved July 26, 2014.
- Collie, Mary (Fall 2009). "Sean Penn Visits Marin Academy" (PDF). Marin Academy Nexus: 7. Retrieved July 26, 2014.
- Stern, Marlow (April 9, 2014). "Dylan Penn, the Stunning Daughter of Robin Wright and Sean Penn, Bares All". The Daily Beast. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- Weinger, Erin (April 11, 2015). "Coachella: Dylan Penn Bought Her First Coach Bag for $10 on the Street". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 29, 2015.
- Oh, Eunice (August 4, 2010). "Sean Penn and Robin Wright Finalize Their Divorce". People. Retrieved July 26, 2014.
- Jacobs, Mark. "Dylan Penn". V. Archived from the original on July 14, 2014. Retrieved July 27, 2014.
- "Up Close With the Newest It-Girl: Dylan Penn". Elle. March 2014. Retrieved July 19, 2014.
- Haylor, Molly (April 29, 2014). "Dylan Penn signed to Premier". Elle UK. Archived from the original on August 12, 2014. Retrieved July 19, 2014.
- "Sean Penn's Daughter, Dylan Penn, Is Gorgeous In GQ". The Huffington Post. December 19, 2013. Retrieved July 19, 2014.
- Lawrence, Vanessa (January 2014). "Dylan Penn: It Girl, It Trend: This Hollywood progeny keeps her cool even in chaos". W. Retrieved July 19, 2014.
"Treats! Magazine 2014 Spring/Summer Cover". MODELS.com. Archived from the original on August 29, 2014. Retrieved August 21, 2021.
All people in this work: Tony Duran - Photographer; Dylan Penn - Model;
- Schuster, Dana (April 9, 2014). "Dylan Penn bares it all in erotic spread". New York Post Page Six. Archived from the original on July 31, 2016.
Kornowski, Liat (April 9, 2014). "Sean Penn's Daughter Is Mesmerizing In NSFW Magazine Shoot". HuffPost. Archived from the original on July 14, 2021. Retrieved August 21, 2021.
I start my first movie at the end of the month with Eli Morgan Gesner who I cannot wait to work with," she said. "I swore I would never do a horror film but when I read the script and met him I couldn't resist, it just seemed like it would be so much fun to make and I really wanted my first experience to be just that ... plus, 3 weeks in New York ... in the spring ... and getting paid for it?! Fuck yes!
- "Dylan Penn's new modelling deal". Belfast Telegraph. April 23, 2014. Retrieved July 27, 2014.
- Sieczkowski, Cavan (May 23, 2014). "Maxim's 2014 Hot 100 List Is Here And Candice Swanepoel Is At The Top". The Huffington Post. Retrieved July 10, 2014.
- "Maxim Hot 100 2014". Maxim. May 23, 2014. Archived from the original on February 2, 2015. Retrieved July 10, 2014.
- "Top 99 Most Desirable Women: 2014 Edition: #93 Dylan Penn". AskMen.com. Retrieved July 19, 2014.
- Malkin, Marc (July 1, 2014). "News/ Nick Jonas Gets "Steamy" With Dylan Penn". E! News. Retrieved July 19, 2014.
- Rodriguez, Javy (July 30, 2014). "Video: Nick Jonas Premieres "Chains" Music Video Featuring Dylan Penn". Us Weekly. Retrieved April 29, 2015.
Stuart Weitzman (September 28, 2014). "#ROCKROLLRIDE". YouTube. Retrieved August 21, 2021.
Stuart Weitzman presents... #RockRollRide for FW14. “Rock Roll Ride” with Poppy Delevingne and Dylan Penn in Julia Restoin Roitfeld’s stunning directorial debut. Enter an enchanting paradise of revved-up boots, racy bombshells and fast cars set to a remix of Lana Del Rey's “Ride."
- Carlson, Jane (September 29, 2014). "Dylan Penn Dishes on Stuart Weitzman's New Short Film (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 6, 2014.
- Holmes, Sally (September 29, 2014). "Poppy Delevingne and Dylan Penn Go Pantsless for Stuart Weitzman". Elle. Retrieved October 6, 2014.
- Sinha, Barnali Pal (July 30, 2015). "Sean Penn's Daughter Dylan Penn Flaunts Washboard Abs On Asos Magazine Cover". International Business Times. Retrieved August 6, 2015.
- Fisher, Kendall (January 29, 2016). "Sean Penn's Kids, Dylan Penn and Hopper Penn, Star in Their First Fashion Campaign Together". E! News. Retrieved April 29, 2016.
- Paton, Elizabeth (February 25, 2016). "Sound Bite: Dylan and Hopper Penn at Milan Fashion Week". The New York Times. Retrieved April 29, 2016.
- Spencer, Amy (November 11, 2015). "Dylan Penn: I have an ego just like my dad". New York Post. Retrieved April 29, 2016.
- Malkin, Marc (March 25, 2014). "The Face's Lydia Hearst to Terrorize Dylan Penn in New Horror Movie". E! Online. Retrieved July 26, 2014.
- Miller, Julie (November 13, 2015). "Dylan Penn on Her Acting Debut and Bringing Dates Home to Dad Sean". Vanity Fair. Retrieved January 18, 2016.
- Kit, Borys (February 4, 2015). "'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ashley Benson Joins Kevin Spacey in 'Elvis & Nixon' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- Debruge, Peter (March 29, 2016). "Tribeca Film Review: 'Elvis & Nixon'". Variety.com. Retrieved April 29, 2016.
- Bowen, Chuck (April 20, 2016). "Elvis & Nixon". Slant. Retrieved April 29, 2016.
- Stern, Marlow (November 19, 2015). "Dylan Penn, the Stunning Daughter of Robin Wright and Sean Penn, Is Ready For Her Close-Up". The Daily Beast. Retrieved January 17, 2016.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (June 11, 2021). "Sean Penn Cannes World Premiere 'Flag Day' Picked Up By MGM; Studio Eyes Theatrical Release This Year". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved June 11, 2021.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dylan Penn.|