Dylan Walshe at the Fox Theater, California. 2017
|Birth name||Dylan Robert Walshe|
|Genres||Folk, Celtic, blues, roots music, one-man band|
|Instruments||Guitar, harmonica, foot drum, singing|
|Labels||Stirring Foot Records, Muddy Roots, Squoodge Records, Voodoo Rhythm Records|
Dylan Walshe is an Irish folk music singer-songwriter. Born and raised in southeast Dublin, he is based in Nashville, Tennessee. He has toured with Flogging Molly, Avatar, The White Buffalo, The Mahones and recorded with James Fearnley of The Pogues.
Walshe first performed on stage at the age of 15 in a band which was formed with some school and neighbourhood friends. He played rhythm guitar & drums before moving onto performing as a solo singer-songwriter. After some years of performing at home in Ireland, Walshe lived out most of his 20s in London where he also spent some time in a band with R. Roswell of Spacemen 3. In 2013, Walshe released a limited edition 7" vinyl recording on the Berlin label Squoodge Records, R. Roswell recorded two of those tracks on some analog recording equipment in the living room of his London apartment. In 2015, Walshe released a live recording on Muddy Roots Records of Nashville, Tennessee.
Walshe moved to Nashville in 2016. After busking on lower Broadway, his first Nashville show was with Spider Stacy of The Pogues, the Lost Bayou Ramblers and The Secret Commonwealth on St. Patrick's Day at the Nashville Palace. In 2016, Dylan also released 'And Then You Cry' on The Monsters tribute album for Reverend Beat-Man's Swiss label Voodoo Rhythm Records. While in Nashville, Flogging Molly invited Walshe to perform on their 2017 Salty Dog Punk Rock cruise through The Bahamas. Subsequently, Flogging Molly then invited Dylan on a nationwide US & Canadian tour. The White Buffalo was also on that tour.
Walshe self-released his debut studio album of original songs All Manner of Ways in October 2018. Paddy Rock (US) named All Manner of Ways its 2018 Roots Album of the Year. Shakenstir and The Alternate Root also named the album as one of the best of 2018.
In 2018, Walshe opened for Billy Bob Thornton & The Boxmasters and recorded with James Fearnley of The Pogues. Walshe was the opener for the Swedish heavy metal group Avatar on a 32-date UK & European tour in 2019. Canadian Celtic Punk band The Mahones were also on that tour. Dylan often joined The Mahones onstage to perform with them.
As a solo performer, Walshe has headlined tours throughout much of Europe & The US. Walshe has appeared on bills or toured throughout the UK, Europe, Canada & the US with artists such as Del McCoury, Dr. Ralph Stanley, Ricky Skaggs, Peter Rowan, Ramblin' Jack Elliott, The Skatalites, DeVotchKa, NOFX, Jimmy "Duck" Holmes, Chris Bailey of The Saints, The Beat, The Bouncing Souls, Flogging Molly, The White Buffalo, Avatar, The Mahones, Spider Stacy of The Pogues, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, The Blasters, Scott H. Biram, Lost Bayou Ramblers, Possessed by Paul James, Donovan, The Legendary Shack Shakers, Bobby Bare, The Sonics, Tír na nÓg, Scullion, The Melvins, Ray Wylie Hubbard, L. C. Ulmer, Billy Bob Thornton & The Boxmasters, The Black Lillies & many more.
- Blind Is Blind 7" Vinyl – Squoodge Records (2013)
- Muddy Folkin' Roots (Compilation/VA) CD & Digital – Muddy Roots (2014)
- Muddy Roots Record Artists (Compilation/VA) CD & Digital – Muddy Roots (2015)
- Soul Hell Cafe (Live) CD & Digital – Muddy Roots Records (2015)
- Blind Is Blind (Re-release) Digital only – Muddy Roots (2016)
- Eamonn Karan – Celtic Skies (Contains 'Boy Buries Mother' written by Dylan Walshe) CD & Digital – Real Music (2016)
- Tribute to The Monsters (Compilation/VA featuring 'And Then You Cry') Vinyl, CD & Digital
- It's A Dark Holler! (Compilation/VA) CD – Mofo Music 2018
- All Manner of Ways (Album) Vinyl, CD & Digital - Stirring Foot Records (2018)
- James G. Carlson (24 July 2018). "Video Premiere: "Death Dance" by Dylan Walshe". No Depression.
- "A 21st century troubadour". The Irish World. 26 August 2013.
- "An Interview With Dylan Walshe". No Depression.
- "Spider Stacy and the Lost Bayou Ramblers". Punk Globe.
- "The Monsters Celebrate Thirty Years of Making Music with New Album and Tribute Compilation". Punk Globe.
- "Paddy Rock Podcasts Best Releases of 2018". Paddy Rock.
- "My Best Albums 2018". Shakenstir.
- "Top 100 2018". The Alternate Root.
- "Dylan Walshe – All Manner of Ways". Folk and Tumble. 11 December 2018.
- "Slavestate Magazine – Sveriges tyngsta tidning".
- A, Fabrice. "Avatar + The Mahones + Dylan Walshe à La Kulturfabrik – Esch Sur Alzette (Lux)". La Magic Box.
- Reid, Hannah (24 January 2019). "Avatar/The Mahones/Dylan Walshe – Glasgow, The Garage – 16 January 2019". Über Rock.
- Weber, Klaudia (1 March 2019). "Avatar, The Mahones, Dylan Walshe @ Nosturi". Stalker (magazine).