|K-1 Dynamite USA!!|
A poster or logo for K-1 Dynamite USA!!.
|Promotion||HERO'S/FEG and Elite XC|
|Date||June 2, 2007|
|Venue||Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum|
|City||Los Angeles, California|
|Attendance||18,340 (3,674 actual paid)|
SoftBank presents Dynamite!! USA was a mixed martial arts (MMA) event co-promoted by FEG, the promoters of K-1 kickboxing and Hero's MMA events, and EliteXC. The event was held on Saturday, June 2, 2007 at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles, California.
The event featured the MMA debut of former professional wrestler Brock Lesnar and the anticipated rematch between Royce Gracie and Kazushi Sakuraba. The show also featured the MMA debut of NFL wide receiver Johnnie Morton.
The event was aired in two parts in the United States, with three preliminary bouts airing for free on Showtime and a main fight card shown on pay-per-view. In Japan, the card was aired as a two-hour edited broadcast on TBS on June 4, 2007. A condensed one-hour version of the entire event was broadcast on Showtime June 9, 2007.
The event encountered numerous problems and controversies even before it began. FEG, Inc. (the company in charge of producing and managing K-1 events) had difficulties obtaining a promoter's license, and was only granted a temporary one by the California State Athletic Commission eight days before the event.
Popular South Korean fighter Hong-Man Choi, initially scheduled to fight Brock Lesnar, was denied a license to fight in the state roughly a week and a half before the event due to medical reasons (later reported to be a tumor on his pituitary gland). K-1 continued to advertise a Lesnar vs. Choi bout up until the day of the fight, despite knowing that it would not occur.
Antônio Silva was also removed from the card due to an undisclosed medical condition, and was replaced by Tim Persey.
Attendance and live gate
On June 7, 2007, the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) announced that 42,757 tickets were distributed for the event – something promoters say validated the claim of having the largest attendance for a Mixed Martial Arts event in North America (a record previously held by UFC 68). The paid gate for the event was $2,545,590. However, the promoters of the event paid $2,342,500 of that to buy 39,083 tickets to its own event. The final verified paid attendance number for K-1 Dynamite stands at 3,674 which generated $203,090 in revenue.
Fighter Tim Percy tested positive for methamphetamines after his fight, and was suspended by the CSAC. In addition, Johnnie Morton tested positive for anabolic steroids and Royce Gracie tested positive for Nandrolone, a commonly used anabolic steroid.
|Main card (PPV)|
|Heavyweight||Brock Lesnar||def.||Min Soo Kim||Submission (punches)||1||1:09|
|Catchweight (188 lbs)||Royce Gracie||def.||Kazushi Sakuraba||Decision (unanimous)||3||5:00||[a]|
|Lightweight||Hideo Tokoro||def.||Brad Pickett||Submission (armbar)||1||2:41|
|Catchweight (192 lbs)||Yoon Dong-Sik||def.||Melvin Manhoef||Submission (armbar)||2||1:17|
|Super Heavyweight||Mighty Siliga||def.||Ruben Villareal||TKO (punches)||1||1:33|
|Catchweight (213 lbs)||Bernard Ackah||def.||Johnnie Morton||KO (punch)||1||0:38||[b]|
|Preliminary card (Showtime)|
|Welterweight||Jake Shields||def.||Ido Pariente||Submission (rear naked choke)||1||2:06|
|Catchweight (160 lbs)||Gesias Cavalcante||def.||Nam Phan||TKO (punches)||1||0:26|
|Heavyweight||Jonathan Wiezorek||def.||Tim Persey||TKO (punches)||2||0:50||[c]|
|Preliminary card (unaired)|
|Lightweight||Katsuhiko Nagata||def.||Isaiah Hill||Decision (split)||3||5:00|
- Gracie tested positive for banned substances post-fight.
- Morton tested positive for banned substances post-fight.
- Persey tested positive for banned substances post-fight.
The overall disclosed fighter payroll for the event was $1,057,500. 
|Brock Lesnar||$170,000||No win bonus|
|Royce Gracie||$300,000||No win bonus|
|Johnnie Morton||$100,000||Purse withheld|
|Jonathan Wiezorek||$40,000||Includes $25K win bonus|
|Gesias Calvancanti||$36,000||Fined $9K for weight|
|Min Soo Kim||$30,000|
|"Mighty" Mo Siliga||$30,000|
|Nam Phan||$29,500||Additional $4.5K due to opponent's weight|
|Dong Sik Yoon||$20,000|
|Hideo Tokoro||$15,000||No win bonus|
|Katsuhiko Nagata||$15,000||No win bonus|
|Bernard Ackah||$5,000||No win bonus|
- MMAWeekly.com, K-1 DYNAMITE ATTENDANCE BREAKDOWN Archived 2007-06-10 at the Wayback Machine.
- Press Release, GRACIE-SAKURABA REMATCH AMONG KEY BOUTS ON STAR-STUDDED DYNAMITE!! USA FIGHT CARD, FEG, INC. [Last retrieved May 27, 2007]
- Article, CSAC Grants FEG License, Saku Status Uncertain, Sherdog.com [Last retrieved May 27, 2007]
- Article, Report: CSAC Denies Hong Man Choi, Sherdog.com [Last retrieved May 27, 2007]
- Choi's license denial jeopardizes MMA card – Boxing – Yahoo! Sports
- "CARANO SIDELINED, "DYNAMITE" LOSES FEMALE DRAW". TheFightNetwork.com. Archived from the original on 2007-09-26. Retrieved 2007-05-16.
- Article, Lance Pugmire [Last retrieved June 9, 2007]
- "Report: Persey Positive for Methamphetamine". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2007-06-09.
- Morton Tests Positive for Steroids
- Gracie Fails Drug Test, Suspended
- "K-1 HERO'S - DYNAMITE!! USA". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "K-1 DYNAMITE FIGHTER SALARIES". MMA Weekly. Archived from the original on 2007-06-11. Retrieved 2007-06-09.