Dynamite (fight song)
"Dynamite" is the official fight song of Vanderbilt University, written by Francis Craig in 1922, when Craig was an undergraduate student at the University. It is played at football games, basketball games, and at other Commodore sports events.
The fight song is traditionally played at the beginning of home football games when the Vanderbilt Commodores football team runs through the "V" formed by the Spirit of Gold Marching Band, when Vandy scores, Vandy forces a turnover and at the end of the game just before the playing of the Vanderbilt University alma mater.
During basketball games, the fight song is played when the team runs out onto the court, shortened versions are played during timeouts, and the whole song is played immediately after the game concludes.
- "Dynamite", in WAV format, performed by the Spirit of Gold
- "Dynamite", in AIFF format, performed by the Spirit of Gold
- History of the fight song, from Vanderbilt's Office of Student-Athletics
- Vanderbilt Cheerleading website for the fight song
- "Cheer for Old Vandy", the former fight song of Vanderbilt, ca. 1945-1960, in AIFF format and performed by the Spirit of Gold