Dynasty Warriors (film)
|Mandarin||Zhēn Sān Guó Wú Shuāng|
|Directed by||Roy Chow|
|Produced by||Roy Chow|
Stephen Shiu Jr.
|Screenplay by||Christine To|
|Based on||Dynasty Warriors|
by Koei Tecmo
HMV Digital China
|Country||China (Hong Kong)|
Dynasty Warriors is an upcoming Hong Kong fantasy-action film based on the Japanese video game franchise of the same title by Koei Tecmo. Directed by Roy Chow, the film starred cast members from mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan, including Louis Koo, Carina Lau, Wang Kai, Tony Yang, Han Geng, Justin Cheung, Gulnazar and Ray Lui. The film is scheduled to be released in 2019.
On 15 March 2016, Suzuki Akihiro, the producer of Koei Tecmo's Dynasty Warriors video game series, and the Hong Kong-based company HMV Digital China announced at the 20th Hong Kong International Film and TV Market that they will be making a live-action film adaptation of Dynasty Warriors. The film will be directed by Roy Chow, produced and written by Christine To, and to be released in 2017.
On 8 July 2017, HMV Digital China's executive chairman Stephen Shiu Jr. revealed on his weibo that the film will start shooting on 11 July. He also revealed that he had approached Koei Tecmo four years ago and secured the rights to adapt the Dynasty Warriors franchise into a movie. On 11 July, Shiu announced that Han Geng, Wang Kai, Louis Koo, Tony Yang and Gulnazar are part of the main cast.
On 28 September 2017, director Roy Chow announced that after 63 days of filming in mainland China, the team will be moving to New Zealand in November 2017 to shoot the background scenes. While shooting in mainland China, Louis Koo sustained an eye injury but he insisted on staying until the end. However, Roy Chow refused to let him stay and sent him back to Hong Kong for medical treatment. As soon as he recovered, Koo rushed to New Zealand to join the rest of the team. Chow later said that he was very impressed with Koo's commitment and professionalism.
Shooting for Dynasty Warriors wrapped up on 28 November 2017. The pre-production phase took eight months, the principal photography phase lasted five months, and the post-production phase will take up to a year.
- ""Dynasty Warriors" to be made into a movie directed by Roy Chow, written by Christine To and released in 2017" (in Chinese). unwire.hk. 2016-03-15. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- Romano, Sal. "Dynasty Warriors live-action movie in production". Gematsu. Retrieved 2016-03-16.
- "Everything is set; "Dynasty Warriors" live adaptation will start shooting on 11 July" (in Chinese). 4Gamers. 2017-07-09. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- "Cast of "Dynasty Warriors" movie: Louis Koo to portray Lü Bu" (in Chinese). sina.com (Hong Kong). 2017-07-11. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- "Stills from "Dynasty Warriors" movie revealed; background scenes to be shot in New Zealand" (in Chinese). sina.com (Hong Kong). 2017-09-28. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- "Five principal cast members of "Dynasty Warriors" movie revealed; Wang Kai wears a T-shaped facial hairstyle for Cao Cao role" (in Chinese). ET Today. 2017-11-09. Retrieved 2017-11-10.
- ""Dynasty Warriors" movie starts shooting in New Zealand; Director praises Louis Koo's professionalism" (in Chinese). Apple Daily. 2017-11-09. Retrieved 2017-11-11.
- "Roy Chow announces that "Dynasty Warriors" movie has wrapped up shooting in New Zealand" (in Chinese). hkfilmblog. 2017-11-28. Retrieved 2017-11-30.
- ""Dynasty Warriors" movie teaser trailer released" (in Chinese). 4Gamers. 2018-03-19. Retrieved 2018-03-19.