Dzaoudzi–Pamandzi International Airport
Aéroport de Dzaoudzi-Pamandzi
|Elevation AMSL||23 ft / 7 m|
Dzaoudzi–Pamandzi International Airport (IATA: DZA, ICAO: FMCZ) is an airport located in Dzaoudzi, Mayotte, France on the southern tip of the island of Petite-Terre (or Pamanzi), located east of Grande-Terre, the main island of Mayotte. It is the only airport in Mayotte with scheduled services, mainly to destinations within Africa and to metropolitan France. The airport services aircraft up to the Boeing 777 in size.
A new runway (15/33) to the west of the current runway is being planned and will be 2,600 metres in length to accommodate larger aircraft, such as the Airbus A380 and Boeing 747 in size. Once built the older runway will become a taxiway. There are also plans for a new terminal to be built (and likely replace the current departure and arrival buildings). This project will be completed by 2015.[needs update]
Airlines and destinations
The airport is open from 5 am to 5:30 pm local time.
The airport consists of a cluster of several small buildings:
- two-storey departure terminal building
- arrivals terminal
- control tower
- freight hangar
The airport has its own fleet of modern airport fire tenders (Carmichael Cobra 2 6x6 ARFF).
There are no large hangars or cargo-handling facilities at the airport.
The south tarmac area is reserved for the French military.
Travel to and from the airport can be made by car. There is limited parking at the airport, so the preferred travel is by taxi into town (4 km from Dzaoudzi).
- French Aeronautical Information Publication for FMCZ (PDF) – DZAOUDZI PAMANDZI
- http://www.mayotte.pref.gouv.fr/depot/contournement_MDZ/aeroport/Emprise.pdf[permanent dead link]
- http://www.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/RA_DSAC_2009_FR_UK.pdf, p65
- "Contact." Ewa Air. Retrieved on 19 December 2014. "Address Ewa-Air – Aéroport BP 452 97615 Pamandzi – Mayotte "
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 5 March 2011. Retrieved 1 April 2011.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/aip/enligne/PDF_AIPparSSection/AIP%20RUN/AD/2/1104_AD-2.FMCZ.pdf[permanent dead link]
- Mayotte Airport Website
- Airport information for FMCZ at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for FMCZ at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Current weather for FMCZ at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for DZA at Aviation Safety Network