Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
|Type||daily newspaper (Monday to Friday)|
|Founded||1 September 2009|
|Website||Dziennik Gazeta Prawna|
Dziennik Gazeta Prawna (meaning Daily Legal Newspaper in English, abbreviation: DGP) is a Polish legal and business daily newspaper, headquartered in Warsaw and published from Monday to Friday. The paper focuses on law, taxes and finances. The publisher of DGP is the Polish company Infor Biznes.
The paper was launched in September 2009 as a result of the merger between Dziennik Polska-Europa-Świat (issued by Ringier Axel Springer Polska) and Gazeta Prawna (Legal Newspaper in English, issued by Infor Biznes since October 1994). Of them, Dziennik was a daily while the latter was a special legal paper. The publisher of Dziennik, Ringier Axel Springer, sold it to Infor Biznes, the publisher of Gazeta Prawna. Until 2018 Ringier Axel Springer Media AG owned a 49% shares of Infor Biznes, publisher of the daily. In March 2018 Ryszard Pieńkowski, owner of Infor PL Group, bought back 49% of shares in Infor Biznes from Ringier Axel Springer.
The circulation of Dziennik Gazeta Prawna was 118,206 copies in 2009. It was 99,582 copies in 2010 and 91,554 in 2011. In a readership study covered the period of April through September 2011 it was found that the paper had the score of 2.24%, making it the seventh most read paper in Poland. The estimated circulation for the daily in 2012 was 82,055 copies. In February 2013 its circulation was 74,150 copies. Its print and e-edition circulation was 53,058 copies in August 2014.
Publisher of the paper is Infor Biznes company, which belongs to the Infor PL Group. The owner and President of the Management Board of Infor PL and Infor Biznes is Ryszard Pieńkowski.
The major focus for Dziennik Gazeta Prawna is economic and legal affairs. It employed three different colors for its three main sections: white for news, yellow for tax and legal affairs and salmon for business and finance news until 2010. Later salmon-colored section was integrated into main section.
Extended editorial offer of Gazeta Prawna features: Tax Mondays with the weekly magazine for subscribers of "Taxes and Accounting", Entrepreneurial and Legal Tuesdays with weekly magazines for subscribers of "Lawyer" and "Enterprise and Law", Self-governmental Wednesdays with the weekly magazine for subscribers of "Self-government and Administration" as well as HR Thursdays with the weekly magazine for subscribers of "Payroll and HR".
The Friday edition of DGP is published as a magazine, the news contents are replaced with topics similar to those encountered in opinion-forming weekly magazines such as social issues, business, culture and technological innovations. Since November 2015 the weekend edition is published as a whole on white pages, while the subscribers additionally receive the specialist weekly magazine entitled "Tygodnik Gazeta Prawna". The magazine discusses the latest issues within the four areas: accounting and taxes, payroll and HR, self-government and administration, enterprise and law.
- Michał Kurdupski (6 February 2019). "„Gazeta Polska Codziennie" z największym spadkiem sprzedaży w 2018 roku. „Fakt" najchętniej kupowany" (in Polish).
- "Dziennik Gazeta Prawna". Euro Topics. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- "Dziennik Gazeta Prawna". Publicitas. Archived from the original on 14 December 2013. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- Katarzyna Pokorna-Ignatowicz (2012). The Polish Media System 1989 - 2011. Krakowskie Towarzystwo Eduk. p. 64. ISBN 978-83-7571-217-9. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- "Country profile - Poland". ifM. Archived from the original on 18 December 2013. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- Andrzej Adamski. "Press market in Poland A.D. 2010" (PDF). CeON Repository. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- "Countries - Poland". Ringier Axel Springer. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- "Ryszard Pieńkowski kupił od Ringier Axel Springer pozostałe 49 proc. udziałów Infor Biznes" (in Polish). wirtualnemedia.pl. 8 March 2018.
- "Dziennik Gazeta Prawna". Presseurop. 15 December 2011.
- Tomasz Wojtas (22 April 2016). "Jadwiga Sztabińska rezygnuje, Krzysztof Jedlak naczelnym "Dziennika Gazety Prawnej"". Wirtualne Media (in Polish). Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Aleksandra Sójka (October 2013). "Poland – a Surveillance Eldorado? Security, Privacy, and New Technologies in Polish Leading Newspapers (2010-2013)" (PDF). Seconomics. Prague. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "National newspapers total circulation". International Federation of Audit Bureaux of Circulations. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- "Circulation of dailies". Teleskop. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- "Professor Bernd Raffelhüschen in Warsaw on 20 January 2010" (PDF). University of Freiburg. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- "Miller Canfield Ranked #1 Mid-Sized Law Firm in Poland by Leading Legal Publication". Miller Canfield. 20 May 2013. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- ""Dziennik Gazeta Prawna" z nową jedynką i stronami prawnymi" (in Polish). wirtualnemedia.pl. 30 August 2013.
- "Weekendowe wydanie „Dziennika Gazety Prawnej" w nowej odsłonie" (in Polish). 11 January 2013.
- "„Tygodnik Gazeta Prawna" w piątki, ale tylko dla prenumeratorów. Znikną strony prawne" (in Polish). wirtualnemedia.pl. 17 November 2015.
- "The Euro Crisis, Media Coverage, and Perceptions of Europe within the EU" (PDF). Reuters Institute. 2012. Archived from the original (Report) on 2 October 2013. Retrieved 28 September 2013.