|Traded as||KRX: 139480|
|Founded||May 3, 2011|
Number of locations
|178 in South Korea, 15 in China, 3 in Mongolia, 1 in Vietnam|
|South Korea, China, Mongolia, Vietnam|
|Products||Groceries, consumer goods,|
e-mart (Korean: 이마트) is the largest retailer in South Korea. There were 160 stores across the country as of December 2016. It was founded on 12 November 1993 by Shinsegae as the first discount retailer in South Korea.
E-Mart is the oldest and largest discount store chain in Korea with total sales volume exceeding US$9.4 billion in 2009. With new store openings and acquisition of Wal-Mart Korea in 2006, E-Mart is enjoying its retail leadership in the discount store market. E-mart offers everything from food to clothes to diapers, and provides a very large variety of merchandise. E-mart has a website, where products can be bought or viewed online.
E-Mart is the first Korean retailer to advance into China with the aim to become one of top leading global retailers. In January 2011, there were 27 stores in China. By February 2014, China's store count shrunk to 13 stores.
- "emart company". www.emartcompany.com.
- "점포찾기". E-Mart.,
- "请选择门店". E-Mart. Archived from the original on 2011-01-13.,
- "Е-Март Монголд". E-Mart.,
- 이마트‥국내1위 할인점 넘어 글로벌기업 도약 -hankyung, 2007-04-16
- 〈초점〉국내에도 곧 「가격파괴」 바람 일 듯 - yonhapnews, 1994-10-01
- "이마트몰, 당신과 가장 가까운 이마트". emart.ssg.com.
- 易买得 Archived 2011-01-13 at the Wayback Machine
- "请选择门店". E-Mart. Archived from the original on 2011-01-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to E-mart.|
- Official website (in Korean)
- Official English website
- E-mart Internet shopping mall (in Korean)
- Official Chinese site (in Chinese)
- Mongolian site (in Mongolian)
- Vietnamese site
- Emartmall Vietnamese site
|This retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a South Korean company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|