This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Vue landscape example
|Developer(s)||e-on software, inc.|
11 / November 08, 2012
|Operating system||Windows, macOS|
|Type||3D computer graphics|
Vue is a 3D scenery generator software package. It is used for the creation, animation, and rendering of natural 3D environments, in particular outdoor landscapes. It is used by visual effects studios for this purpose. For example, Industrial Light & Magic used it to make backgrounds for the movies Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, and DreamWorks Animation used it in the 2008 film Kung Fu Panda.
Vue is available in six versions: xStream, Infinite, Complete, Pro Studio, Esprit, and Pioneer. xStream and Infinite have the same feature set, but Infinite is a standalone program, while xStream is designed to be used from within 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, LightWave, Maya, and Softimage. The rest are standalone programs with progressively-reduced feature sets.
Vue's atmospheric engine is available separately as Ozone. E-on offers Personal Learning Editions of xStream, Infinite, and Ozone. They are fully functional, but are restricted to non-commercial use and all renders carry a watermark.
- Blue Sky Studios
- Digital Domain
- DreamWorks Animation: Kung Fu Panda
- Industrial Light & Magic: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
- Sony Pictures Imageworks
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Weta Digital
- Digital Blasphemy
- "E-on Products - Solutions for 3D Environments".
- "Ozone 4.0 - Atmospheres That Come Alive".
- "Vue "Summer 2008 Blockbuster" Roundup" (Press release).
- "Vue Helps Industrial Light & Magic Create Environments for "Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" VFX" (Press release).
- "E-on Software - Customers".