|Birth name||Elom Adablah|
28 June 1986 |
Dansoman, Accra, Ghana
|Genres||Hip hop, Hiplife, Azonto Afro Pop|
|Occupation(s)||Record producer, Rapper, Singer Record executive, Sound Engineer,|
|Associated acts||Sarkodie, Reggie Rockstone, Ball J, Ian Jazzi, Asem, Ayigbe Edem, C-Real|
E.L grew up in Dansoman, a suburb of Accra. He first attended St. Martin De Porres School in Dansoman where he excelled as a top student and later transferred to Jack and Jill where he completed his Junior Secondary School level. He then gained admission into Presbyterian Boys Secondary School (PRESEC), where he discovered his musical talent. After high school, he pursued a degree in economics and political science at the University of Ghana, Legon.
2008: Music beginnings
During his first year in the university, EL signed to Jayso's Skillions Records alongside other notable young Ghanaian underground artists like Ball J, Gemini, Kevin Beats, Killmatic and Lil Shaker, and helped Jayso co-produce the Skillionaires Demotape. However, after graduating from the university, the Skillions broke up and EL became a solo artist. He acquired a studio in Asylum Down and began working on a new mixtape. He went as far as releasing a single, "Chale (So Fli)", with Jay Foley, Wolf and Kwaku T (remix). However the mixtape was never released. EL relocated to a better studio at Osu, and invested all his available funds in acquiring state-of-the-art equipment much to the chagrin of family and friends.
2009–2012: Something Else
EL released The Best African Rapper album, shortened as The B.A.R on 20 May 2014. It featured Ayigbe Edem, Sarkodie, Joey B, C-Real, Gemini, Telvin, Frozen, Lil Shaker, Stargo, P. K. and Dex Kwasi.
2015: B.A.R 2
EL announced he was working on B.A.R 2, releasing the cover art and later dropping three songs ‘All Black’, ‘State Of The Nation’ and ‘King Without A Crown. On 29 August 2015, he followed up with the B.A.R 2 concert featuring Wanlov, Ko-Jo Cue, DJ Mic Smith and more.
EL released his second studio album entitled Elom(Everybody loves original music) has so far released decent ratings from critics. The album boasts of singles "Mi Naa Bo Po", "Watch The Way You Dey Waka" and "Nkrumah Pt. 2" featuring highly respected recording artist Obrafour.
On April 15, 2016 Lauryn Hill headlined a concert dubbed Ms. Lauryn Hill Presents Diaspora Calling! in association with Tidal at Kings Theater, the concert was intended to celebrate the rich tapestry of artists from African Diaspora and had great artist from West Africa on stage namely El and Stonebwoy from Ghana, also Wondaboy and Mr. Eazi from Nigeria performing to a massive crowd.
In the early hours of 8 May 2016, at the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards at the Ghana International Conference Center, EL received the Artist of the Year award.
EL has produced hit songs for many elite hip hop, hiplife and R&B performers, such as Sarkodie ("You Go Kill Me", "Dangerous"), D-Black ("Get On the Dancefloor"), Reggie Rockstone ("Rockstone's Office"), Asem ("Check Your Weight"), Geelex ("Bend Your Body") and many more.
In 2010 and 2011, EL heralded the Global Azonto Madness by producing most of the hit songs, including "You Go Kill Me", "Dangerous", and his own hit singles, "Obuu Mo" and "Kaalu".
- Studio albums
- Something Else (2012)
Obuu Mo, One Ghana for your pocket, Kaalu, Mame Wossop, Auntie Martha
- Elom (2016)
- Project Hip Hop (with C-Real) (2011)
- Songs for Girls-the Valentines Day Mixtape (2012)
- B.A.R. (2014) 
- Project Hip Hop 2 (with C-Real) (2015)
- B.A.R. 2 (2015)
- B.A.R. 3 (2016)
- Another Rainy Day
- Empty Barrels
- Find A Way
- Getting it Fast
- Move On
- My Addiction
- Pick up
- Don Dada ft [Ayigbe Edem] and Telvin
|Year 2016||Title Kaa Bu AME||Album Elom||Ref|
|2016||Love Her More ( Featuring Samini)||N/A|||
Awards and nominations
- 2010 African Movie Academy Awards:Best Original Soundtrack 'A sting in a tale'
- 2010 Ghana Movie Awards: Best Score Award, Checkmate And more
- 2011 Ghana Music Awards: Hip-hop Song of the Year award, "Get On the Dance Floor", Producer
- 2012/2013 Ghana Music Awards Album of the Year
- 2014/2015 Ghana Music Awards Rapper of the Year
- 2013 MTN 4Syte TV Music Video Awards: Best Photography
- 2014 MTN 4Syte TV Music Video Awards: Best Storyline
- 2015 MTN 4Syte TV Music Video Awards: Best Edited Video and Best special effect
- 2015/2016 Ghana Music Awards Hip-life/Hip-hop Artiste of the year
- 2015/2016 Ghana Music Awards Artiste of the Year
- 2016 Ghana Music Awards UK Artiste of the Year
- 2015/2016 Ghana Music Awards Producer Of the Year
- 2015/2016 Ghana Music Awards Afro pop song Of the Year
- 2015/2016 Ghana Music Awards Music Video of the Year(Shelele)
- 2017 Ghana Entertainment Awards - USA Best Album (BAR 3)
- 2016/2017 Ghana Music Awards Afro Pop Song Of The Year (Kaa Bu Ame)
- Big brother nomination Jams Performances Big brother house, Johannesburg SA.
- Guinness Stadium Show with Akon AND Big Sean, Accra Stadium Ghana.
- Tidal X calling Diaspora streamed performance with Ms. Lauryn Hill, KingS Theatre Brooklyn NY. US.
- Ghana independence Show ECHOSTAGE, Washington DC, US.
- Performance at the APPOLO THEATRE..
- Performance at the IRVINGTON PLAZA, NY, US.
- Performance at THE COKE STUDIO AFRICA, Kenya.
- Performance at the GRAMECRY THEATRE, NY, US.
- STATE TOUR WITH MS. LAURYN HILL, Florida, US.
- Connect at the O2 INDGO ARENA-London, UK.
- Performance at THE LOUNGE-Philadelphia, US.
- 2012 Ghana Music Awards: Best New Artist, Best Rapper, Best Collaboration ("You Go Kill Me" with Sarkodie) 
- 2012 Channel O Music Video Awards: Best Newcomer ("Turn The Lights Down") 
- Owusu, Clifford (18 August 2011). "E.L Biography". Ghanamusic. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "13 Successful Ghanaians Who Went To Presec - Legon". OMGGhana.Com. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- "E.L, Others To Rock Torch And Bonfire Night @ PRESEC – Daily Guide Ghana". www.dailyguideghana.com. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- "E.L Makes Legon Student Go Crazy On Stage". OMGGhana.Com. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- "All You Need To Know About Jayso And Skillions Record". OMGGhana.Com. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- "Get Familiar: Skillions Records then and now!!! - AmeyawDebrah.Com". AmeyawDebrah.Com. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- "BBnZ Live EL page". Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- "E.L. Presents B.A.R. (Best African Rapper) Mixtape". Loud Sound Ghana. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- ""B.A.R 2": E.L reveals track list for upcoming mixtape - Music - Pulse". pulse.com.gh. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- "E.L. – BAR 2 | Urbanroll". Urbanroll. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- "E.L Set To Release New Album “ELOM”". DisturbingGH. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- Lebrave, Benjamin. "Lungu Lungu: E.L.'s Azonto Beats are Crazy Chale!". The Fader. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "New Music E.L - Love Her More feat. Samini". Pulse.com.gh. David Mawuli. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "Music Video E.L - King Without A Crown". Pulse.com.gh. David Mawuli. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- Ghana Music Awards Official website Retrieved 26 September 2012
- "Channel O Music Video Awards".