|Products||discount store, hypermarket, supercenter, superstore|
|Revenue||€ 47.3 billion (2012)|
Number of employees
E.Leclerc (informally simply Leclerc French pronunciation: [ləklɛʁ]) is a French cooperative society and hypermarket chain, headquartered in Ivry-sur-Seine. E.Leclerc was established on 1 January 1948 by Édouard Leclerc. E.Leclerc currently has more than 500 locations in France and 114 stores outside of the country, as of 2012. The chain enables semi-independent stores to operate under the Leclerc brand.
Own brand ranges come under the Marque Repère and Eco+ banners. Some larger hypermarkets have a separate entertainment/multimedia section, under the name of Espace Culturel.
- 1948: Edouard Leclerc opens the first self-service grocery store in Landerneau, Brittany
- 1956: Start of E.Leclerc's clothing range
- 1960: The 60th E.Leclerc opens in Issy-les-Moulineaux
- 1969: 95 supermarkets close in order to be taken over by Intermarché
- 1973 : Edouard Leclerc invented the Foire aux vins (wine fair) which it launches into its supermarkets 
- 1979: Leclerc creates SIPLEC (a petrol import organisation)
- 1985: Leclerc is the first retailer to sell jewelley within supermarkets with its 'Le Manège à Bijoux' concept.
- 1992: Leclerc opens first Spanish supermarket and starts European expansion
- 1995: Leclerc stops giving out plastic bags for free
- 2000: Leclerc opens first Slovenian hypermarket in Ljubljana on June 7
- 2002: Leclerc creates a joint-venture with Conad in Italy
- 2007: Leclerc opens second Slovenian hypermarket in Maribor on November 7
- 2007: Sales reach €30 billion.
- "Conditions Générales d'Utilisation." E.Leclerc. Retrieved on 1 May 2011. "26, quai Marcel Boyer 94 200 Ivry-sur-Seine"
- "Leclerc supermarket founder dies at 85". The Local. 2012-09-17. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "Édouard Leclerc est décédé". Le Figaro. 2012-09-17. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "Les foires aux vins ont anobli notre profession", Challenges, september 16, 2014
|This French corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|