|Products||discount store, hypermarket, supercenter, superstore|
|Revenue||€ 47.3 billion (2012)|
Number of employees
E.Leclerc (informally simply Leclerc French pronunciation: [ləklɛʁ]) is a French cooperative society and hypermarket chain, headquartered in Ivry-sur-Seine. E.Leclerc was established on 1 January 1948 by Édouard Leclerc. E.Leclerc currently has more than 500 locations in France and 114 stores outside of the country, as of 2012. The chain enables semi-independent stores to operate under the Leclerc brand.
Own brand ranges come under the Marque Repère and Eco+ banners. Some larger hypermarkets have a separate entertainment/multimedia section, under the name of Espace Culturel. E.leclerc operates numerous stores and services around France, some near and in cities and towns while most of them are located just outside or in the hypermarkets and shopping centres.
- L'auto (Car Garage)
- Brico (DIY store)
- Le Prou Construction (Residential and commercial construction)
- Espace Culturel (Multimedia store/DVD store)
- Jardi (Garden Centre)
- Location (A Quick Car rental Service)
- Manege a Bijoux (Jewelry Kiosk)
- Optique (Opticians)
- Parapharmacie (Pharmacy, Chemist store)
- Sport (Sports shop)
- Station-Service (Petrol/Gas Station)
- UNE HEURE POUR SOI (Perfume store)
- Bornes electriques (Electrical store)
- Animalerie (Pet Shop)
- Jouets (Game store mainly to aim for kids)
- 1948: Edouard Leclerc opens the first self-service grocery store in Landerneau, Brittany
- 1956: Start of E.Leclerc's clothing range
- 1960: The 60th E.Leclerc opens in Issy-les-Moulineaux
- 1969: 95 supermarkets close in order to be taken over by Intermarché
- 1973 : Edouard Leclerc invented the Foire aux vins (wine fair) which it launches into its supermarkets 
- 1979: Leclerc creates SIPLEC (a petrol import organisation)
- 1985: Leclerc is the first retailer to sell jewelley within supermarkets with its 'Le Manège à Bijoux' concept.
- 1992: Leclerc opens first Spanish supermarket and starts European expansion
- 1995: Leclerc stops giving out plastic bags for free
- 2000: Leclerc opens first Slovenian hypermarket in Ljubljana on 7 June
- 2002: Leclerc creates a joint-venture with Conad in Italy
- 2007: Leclerc opens second Slovenian hypermarket in Maribor on 7 November
- 2007: Sales reach €30 billion.
- "Conditions Générales d'Utilisation." E.Leclerc. Retrieved on 1 May 2011. "26, quai Marcel Boyer 94 200 Ivry-sur-Seine"
- "Leclerc supermarket founder dies at 85". The Local. 2012-09-17. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "Édouard Leclerc est décédé". Le Figaro. 2012-09-17. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "Les foires aux vins ont anobli notre profession", Challenges, september 16, 2014
|This French corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|