Electronic Entertainment Expo 2018
|Electronic Entertainment Expo 2018|
The Activision booth at E3 2018, with Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and Destiny 2
|Begins||June 12, 2018|
|Ends||June 14, 2018|
|Venue||Los Angeles Convention Center|
|Location(s)||Los Angeles, California|
|Previous event||Electronic Entertainment Expo 2017|
|Organized by||Entertainment Software Association|
The Electronic Entertainment Expo 2018 (E3 2018) was the 24th Electronic Entertainment Expo, during which hardware manufacturers, software developers, and publishers from the video game industry presented new and upcoming products to the attendees, primarily retailers and members of the video game press. The event, organized by the Entertainment Software Association (ESA), took place in Los Angeles, California, US, from June 12–14, 2018, at the Los Angeles Convention Center, with many companies holding press conferences in the days prior. With the industry still in the middle of the eighth generation of video game consoles, no new hardware was introduced, and publishers and developers principally focused on new games to be released in 2018 and beyond. The event drew 69,200 attendees, the largest since 2005.
- 1 Format and changes
- 2 Press conferences
- 3 Other events
- 4 List of featured games
- 5 References
Format and changes
E3 2018 took place from June 12 to 14, 2018 in the Los Angeles Convention Center. In the days prior, major publishers hold press conferences, typically as a live presentation in a large theater with streaming broadcast, or through streaming pre-recorded segments, highlighting the new games that are planned for the next year. During the show proper, developers and publishers run exhibition booths to allow industry members, the press, retail representatives, and the public to try out the new games and talk with the creators. Several side events were also held in nearby venues, including video game tournaments.
Like the previous year, E3 2018 offered public access passes to the event, following from its first such offering during E3 2017. However, to address issues with over-crowding in the exhibitor halls, E3 2018 was open on two days with industry-only access for a few hours before permitting public access to the exhibitors. Only those with complimentary industry passes and publicly purchasable business passes were able to take part in these exclusive hours. 1,000 of the public passes, called "Gamer Passes" were sold at US$149 with the rest of the public passes being sold for $249 on a first-come–first-served basis. Those passes, as well as the business passes went on sale on February 12, 2018.
Electronic Arts ran a separate event near the Convention Center, rather than participating at the Expo. The EA Play 2018 event was held at the Hollywood Palladium from June 9 to June 11. EA's press conference was held on June 9 at 11am PT (2pm ET), and covered Battlefield V, and FIFA 19, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Star Wars Battlefront II, Unravel Two, Sea of Solitude, NBA Live 19, Madden NFL 19, Command & Conquer: Rivals, and Anthem. EA also announced that its Origin software service will expand to include a premium subscription service to provide access to titles prior to retail release, and support cloud gaming support later in the year.
Microsoft's press conference was held at 1pm PT (4pm ET) on June 10 at the Microsoft Theater. During Major Nelson's Podcast, Microsoft's Executive Vice President of Gaming Phil Spencer said Microsoft's press conference had made positive changes from prior years to be fun for everyone. The presentation covered around fifty games, including Halo Infinite, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Fallout 76, The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, Crackdown 3, Nier: Automata, Metro Exodus, Kingdom Hearts III, Sea of Thieves, Battlefield V, Forza Horizon 4, We Happy Few, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, Tales of Vesperia, Tom Clancy's The Division 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Session, Black Desert Online, Devil May Cry 5, Cuphead, Tunic, Jump Force, Dying Light 2, Battletoads, Just Cause 4, Gears Pop, Gears Tactics, Gears 5, and Cyberpunk 2077.
Microsoft had an exhibitor space in the main convention floor, principally dedicated to its Mixer live streaming platform, while it hosted demos and other activities at the Microsoft Theater alongside the other exhibition days.
Bethesda Softworks held its E3 presentation on June 10 at 6:30pm PT (9:30pm ET). Games presented included Rage 2, The Elder Scrolls: Legends, The Elder Scrolls Online, Doom Eternal, Quake Champions, Prey, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter, The Elder Scrolls: Blades, Starfield, and The Elder Scrolls VI.
Devolver Digital held an E3 presentation via Twitch on June 10 at 8pm PT (11pm ET). The presentation followed the satirical format of Devolver's E3 2017 presentation, a pre-recorded segment that poked fun at the state of E3 and video game marketing, and did not focus on the games. Actress Mahria Zook replayed her role as the fictional Devolver "Chief Synergy Officer" Nina Struthers. Devolver revealed its titles Scum, My Friend Pedro, and Metal Wolf Chaos XD.
Square Enix held its pre-recorded press conference over streaming video on June 11 at 10am PT (1pm ET). The media presentation covered Square Enix's upcoming games, including Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy XIV (including a crossover event with Capcom's Monster Hunter World), The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, Dragon Quest XI, Babylon's Fall, Nier: Automata, Octopath Traveler, Just Cause 4, The Quiet Man, and Kingdom Hearts III.
Limited Run Games
Ubisoft held its E3 press conference on June 11 at 1pm PT (4pm ET). Ubisoft presented its upcoming games, including Just Dance 2019, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Trials Rising, Tom Clancy's The Division 2, Skull & Bones, Transference, Starlink: Battle for Atlas (including the announcement that Fox McCloud from Nintendo's Star Fox franchise would be an exclusive character in the Switch version of the game), The Crew 2, and Assassin's Creed Odyssey. New DLC expansions for Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Donkey Kong Adventure) and For Honor (Marching Fire) were also announced, as well as an upcoming documentary entitled Another Mindset, which focuses on competitive Rainbow Six Siege.
PC Gaming Show
PC Gamer hosted their PC Gaming Show on June 11 at 3pm PT (6pm ET). The show included presentations from several publishers and developers including Sega, Square Enix, Crytek, Double Fine Productions, Hi-Rez Studios, Skydance Media, Digital Extremes, Raw Fury, Klei Entertainment, Modern Storyteller, tinyBuild, Cloud Imperium Games, Starbreeze, and 505 Games.
Sony hosted their press conference on June 11 at 6pm PT (9pm ET). Sony continued its "E3 Experience" where the event was simultaneously live-broadcast to a limited number of movie theaters. Addressing criticism of some of its past E3 press conferences, Sony planned to have "deep dives" on a handful of first-party titles during its conference, rather than a large number of short teasers for games, though would still cover other third-party and indie games. Sony focused on Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-Man and The Last of Us Part II. Further, instead of having a pre-show prior to the press conference to announce selected titles, Sony used daily live-streaming announcements of games in the week prior to the conference to reveal new titles Tetris Effect, Twin Mirror, and Ghost Giant, giving the announcements of these games "more time to breathe".
As with previous conferences since 2013, Nintendo streamed a prerecorded Nintendo Direct video presentation on June 12 at 9am PT (12pm ET). This presentation focused on Nintendo Switch games releasing in 2018, with a specific focus on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Additional titles shown included Daemon X Machina, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!, Super Mario Party, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Fortnite: Battle Royale, Arena of Valor, Paladins, Minecraft, Overcooked 2, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Dragon Ball FighterZ, ARK: Survival Evolved, Mario Tennis Aces, Killer Queen Black, Hollow Knight, and Octopath Traveler.
E3 Colisseum, a side event designed around public interaction with the developers and publishers, returned to E3 this year from June 12 to June 14, 2018, as confirmed by Geoff Keighley via his Twitter account. Also confirmed by Geoff was that the event would be streamed live online. The event included a reunion of the cast members and Tim Schafer of Grim Fandango celebrated the game's 20th anniversary. The reunion event also featured live music from the remastered games composer Peter McConnell and a live reading of select scenes that would also feature Jack Black. Another game, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 was also featured during the event, with TreyArch discussing the history of Zombies, its ravenous fan community, and what might be lurking around the corner next in the games series. It also featured Geoff Keighley, Joe Russo director of Avengers: Infinity War, Elijah Wood, Donald Mustard Worldwide Creative Director at Epic Games, Amy Hennig, 4 artists behind the game Cuphead, Hideo Kojima, Penn Jillette, Darren Aronofsky and Camilla Luddington along with the Shadow of the Tomb Raider Creative Team. The event took place at The Novo at L.A. Live, near the main convention center, and was available to all E3 attendees.
British Academy of Film and Television Arts
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts held a special ceremony on June 11, 2018 at the London West Hollywood to honor voice actor Nolan North with a Special Award for his "outstanding contribution to performance in games".
Video game tournaments/events
Epic Games held Fortnite Battle Royale Celebrity Pro-am at E3 2018, featuring 50 celebrities and 50 top players who competed. The event featured 50 pairs consisting of one streamer and celebrity, with the winning team receiving US$3 million to be donated to the winning team's charity of choice; announced participants include streamers Tyler "Ninja" Blevins and Markiplier, and celebrities Joel McHale, Paul George, and Marshmello. This event was announced following a Twitch stream in March 2018 by Ninja, which featured the celebrities, Drake, Travis Scott, Kim DotCom, and JuJu Smith-Schuster who were all playing the game Fortnite Battle Royale. The winners of the event was the team with Marshmello and Tyler "Ninja" Blevins.
Nintendo hosted live tournaments for both Splatoon 2 and the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The Splatoon 2 tournament, known as the Splatoon 2 World Championship 2018, featured the top teams from four regions—North America, Europe, Japan, and Australia—facing off in the first world championship for the game. The Super Smash Bros. tournament, known as the Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018, was held at the Belasco Theater in Los Angeles on June 12. Nintendo invited eight top Super Smash Bros. players with plans to invite more who would compete in the new game, following a similar format they used in the E3 2014 Super Smash Bros. Invitational event.
Capcom hosted a Monster Hunter World tournament, where two-player teams would compete to complete a specific hunt in the fastest time possible. Capcom would stream the competition to online viewers.
Capcom also hosted a Street Fighter V rubber match between professional wrestlers Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston & Big E of The New Day (representing WWE) vs. The new IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks of The Elite (representing NJPW).
ESL Arena was a new arena space located in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center that would be used to host various esports events. The arena stage was a 7,500-square-foot dynamic esports experience that seats over 200 fans. The main stage featured custom player experiences with analysts and casters and gave the audience up-close VIP access to the world of competitive esports. The first esports events in the new space took place at E3 2018.
List of featured games
This is a list of notable titles that appeared by their developers or publishers at E3 2018.
- "Welcome to E3 2018 | Electronic Entertainment Expo - June 09–14, 2018". www.e3expo.com. Retrieved 2018-02-06.
- Lemon, Marshall (June 15, 2018). "E3 2018 attendance was highest since 2005". VG247. Retrieved June 15, 2018.
- McAloon, Alissa (February 6, 2018). "Though still open to the public, E3 2018 has dedicated 'industry only' hours". Gamasutra. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
- "Show Hours - E3 Expo". E3 Expo. Retrieved 2018-02-06.
- "E3 2018 General Public Tickets on Sale February 12". DualShockers. 2018-02-06. Retrieved 2018-02-06.
- Pereira, Chris (February 22, 2018). "The New Battlefield Will Be Playable At EA Play, Which Returns Before E3 This Year". GameSpot. Retrieved February 22, 2018.
- Khan, Asif (April 10, 2018). "EA PLAY Press Conference Will Air on June 9". Shacknews. Retrieved April 10, 2018.
- Minotti, Mike (June 9, 2018). "EA brings cloud gaming and day-one games to its subscription service". VentureBeat. Retrieved June 9, 2018.
- Kim, Matt (March 13, 2018). "Report: Microsoft's E3 Conference Date and Time Revealed". US Gamer. Retrieved March 13, 2018.
- "Microsoft's E3 2018 Conference Will See "Positive Changes" – Spencer « GamingBolt.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Previews and Blog". gamingbolt.com. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- Makuch, Eddie (2018-01-16). "Xbox E3 Briefing This Will Include "Positive Changes"". GameSpot. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- Orland, Kyle (June 10, 2018). "Microsoft pushes exclusives, premieres at pre-E3 press conference". Ars Technica. Retrieved June 10, 2018.
- Grubb, Jeff (June 10, 2018). "Microsoft Game Studios just added five new studios including Ninja Theory". Venture Beat. Retrieved June 10, 2018.
- Yin-Poole, Wesley (March 14, 2018). "Microsoft's E3 2018 media briefing has a date - and a new venue". Eurogamer. Retrieved March 14, 2018.
- Devore, Jordan (March 2, 2018). "Bethesda's E3 2018 press conference locked in for June 10". Destructoid. Retrieved March 2, 2018.
- Gilyadov, Alex (May 18, 2018). "E3 2018: Devolver Digital Will Have 'Big Fancy Press Conference'". IGN. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Alexander, Julia (June 8, 2018). "The story behind Devolver Digital's legendary, ridiculously last-minute 2017 E3 press conference". Polygon. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- Schreier, Jason (May 8, 2018). "Square Enix Will Hold An E3 Conference This Year". Kotaku. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- "Limited Run Games Is Hosting An E3 2018 Press Conference On June 11". Siliconera. Retrieved June 4, 2018.
- McWhertor, Michael (April 17, 2018). "Ubisoft dates E3 2018 press conference for June 11". Polygon. Retrieved April 17, 2018.
- "'Rainbow Six: Siege' is a juggernaut with 35 million players". Engadget. Retrieved 2018-06-14.
- "PC Gamer present PC Gaming Show". pcgamingshow. Retrieved 2018-05-05.
- Madekowski, Brett (May 29, 2018). "There are some big names attached to the E3 PC Gaming Show". Destructoid. Retrieved May 29, 2018.
- Arif, Shabana (May 11, 2018). "E3 2018: Sony Announces Showcase Date, Details". IGN. Retrieved May 11, 2018.
- Gilyadov, Alec (May 31, 2018). "Playstation E3 Experience 2018 Announced". IGN. Retrieved May 31, 2018.
- Seppela, Timothy (May 11, 2018). "Sony is trying a new format for its E3 press conference". Engadget. Retrieved May 11, 2018.
- McKeand, Kirk (June 5, 2018). "Sony's Countdown to E3 event replaces the usual pre-show". VG247. Retrieved June 5, 2018.
- "Nintendo outlines plans for E3 2018 - Nintendo Official Site".
- Stark, Chelsea (2018-03-22). "Official Super Smash Bros. for Switch, Splatoon 2 tournaments coming to E3". Polygon. Retrieved 2018-03-23.
- O'Connor, James (June 14, 2018). "Daemon X Machina: live gameplay footage from the Switch's surprise new mech game". VG247. Archived from the original on June 16, 2018. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- "Nintendo at E3 2018 guide / recap – Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu / Eevee playable". Nintendo Everything. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- Kleinman, Jake (June 12, 2018). "'Super Mario Party' Announced for Nintendo Switch". Inverse. Archived from the original on June 16, 2018. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- Wong, Alistar (June 13, 2018). "Fire Emblem: Three Houses Takes Place On A Continent With A Powerful Church". Siliconera. Archived from the original on June 16, 2018. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- Osborn, Alex (June 13, 2018). "E3 2018: Mario Tennis Aces Adding Koopa Troopa and Blooper to Roster". IGN. Archived from the original on June 16, 2018. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- Keighley, Geoff (6 February 2018). "I'm happy to say I'll be returning to produce @E3 Coliseum this June, with three full days of programming! Amazing lineup of guests will join us to celebrate video games. All streamed online too. See you there! More details soon on specific sessions #E32018pic.twitter.com/MD4BVe0DVY". @geoffkeighley. Retrieved 2018-02-06.
- Bailey, Dustin (May 2, 2018). "rim Fandango cast reunited at E3 for an anniversary celebration". PCGamesN. Retrieved May 2, 2018.
- "E3 COLISEUM - E3 Expo". E3 Expo. Retrieved 2018-02-06.
- "BAFTA to Honour Nolan North with Special Award". British Academy of Film and Television Arts. May 11, 2018. Retrieved May 11, 2018.
- Pereira, Chris (2018-03-15). "After Drake, Fortnite Will Host A Celebrity "Party Royale" At E3". GameSpot. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- Arif, Shabana (May 22, 2018). "Fortnite Outlines E3 2018 Plans Featuring Pros, Celebrities, And More". IGN. Retrieved May 22, 2018.
- Grubb, Jeff (May 22, 2018). "Fortnite Celebrity Pro-Am hits E3 with $3 million going to charity". Venture Beat. Retrieved May 22, 2018.
- "Ninja and Marshmello win Epic's E3 2018 Fortnite Pro Am". Polygon. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- Stark, Chelsea (March 22, 2018). "Official Super Smash Bros. for Switch, Splatoon 2 tournaments coming to E3". Polygon. Retrieved March 22, 2018.
- "Nintendo at E3 2018". e3.nintendo.com. Retrieved 2018-05-16.
- Strawhun, Aiden (June 3, 2018). "Monster Hunter: World E3 Tournament Has Nergigante And Pink Rathian Time Attack Fight". GameSpot. Retrieved June 3, 2018.
- Melok, Bobby (June 7, 2018). "Xavier Woods and Kenny Omega to battle in Street Fighter showdown at E3". wwe.com. Retrieved June 9, 2018.
- "E3 to Feature ESL Sports Arena - E3 Expo". E3 Expo. 2018-05-02. Retrieved 2018-05-31.
- Lemon, Marshall (June 4, 2018). "Underworld Ascendant has a new E3 trailer for you". VG247. Retrieved June 4, 2018.
- "Remedy's 'P7' Gets a New Name, 'Control,' And a New Trailer". Variety. Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- Lanier, Liz (June 8, 2018). "New Beta for 'Indivisible' Backers Available Now, E3 Trailer Released". Variety. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- "What's lurking around the corner of @Treyarch's next Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombies experience?". Twitter. E3. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- Activision Reveals Its Lineup for E3 2018 - Bleeding Cool
- Romano, Sal (June 7, 2018). "Activision announces E3 2018 lineup, teases "exciting announcements"". Gematsu. Retrieved June 7, 2018.
- Hamilton, Kirk (June 10, 2018). "Everything Microsoft Showed At E3 2018". Kotaku. Retrieved June 10, 2018.
- Singletary, Charles (June 6, 2018). "FPS Space Mystery Outer Wilds Coming To Xbox One At Launch". Shacknews. Retrieved June 6, 2018.
- "Next Big Announcement for RollerCoaster Tycoon coming at E3". Nintendo Soup. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- Romano, Sal (June 6, 2018). "Sega and Atlus announce E3 2018 lineup, includes two Atlus titles to be announced June 7 and Catherine: Full Body trailer [Update]". Gematsu. Retrieved June 6, 2018.
- "PERSONA 5: DANCING IN STARLIGHT, PERSONA 3: DANCING IN MOONLIGHT CONFIRMED FOR WESTERN RELEASE IN 2019". IGN. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- Hall, Charlie (June 7, 2018). "Just Cause studio reveals Generation Zero, a new shooter loaded with '80s nostalgia". Polygon. Retrieved June 7, 2018.
- "Bandai Namco's E3 2018 lineup". Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- "The Spheres have aligned! Geralt of Rivia, The White Wolf will be playable for the first time in #SOULCALIBURVI at E3 2018! Come by our booth (#1647) to challenge a Witcher! #BandaiNamcoE3". Twitter. Bandai Namco US. Retrieved 10 June 2018.
- "Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC". Gematsu. Retrieved 10 June 2018.
- Faller, Patrick (June 8, 2018). "New PS4 Narrative-Driven Game Twin Mirror Coming From Life Is Strange Developer". GameSpot. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- Marks, Tom (May 31, 2018). "The Elder Scrolls: Legends Is Entirely Swapping Developers And Rebuilding Its Client". IGN. Retrieved May 31, 2018.
- Schreier, Jason (May 30, 2018). "Bethesda Announces Fallout: 76". Kotaku. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- Skrebels, Joe (May 15, 2018). "Rage 2: Release Window, Gameplay Details Announced". IGN. Retrieved May 15, 2018.
- "Capcom announces E3 2018 lineup". Gematsu. Retrieved 6 June 2018.
- Hernandez, Patricia. "Cyberpunk 2077 looks incredible in new trailer". The Verge. Retrieved 10 June 2018.
- "Metro Exodus on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2018-05-16.
- Martin, Matt (April 19, 2018). "Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass teased, full reveal coming at E3 2018". VG247. Retrieved April 19, 2018.
- Pereira, Chris (February 22, 2018). "The New Battlefield Will Be Playable At EA Play, Which Returns Before E3 This Year". GameSpot. Retrieved February 22, 2018.
- Dayus, Oscar (May 16, 2018). "Battlefield V Officially Confirmed By EA". GameSpot. Retrieved May 16, 2018.
- Lumb, David (June 9, 2018). "'Command & Conquer' mobile game wants in on that 'Clash of Clans' money". Engadget. Retrieved June 9, 2018.
- Stanton, Rich (June 9, 2018). "FIFA 18 Gets New World Cup Mode and Free Trial on All Platforms". Kotaku. Retrieved June 9, 2018.
- Pereira, Chris; Dayus, Oscar (June 9, 2018). "E3 2018: FIFA 19 Poaches Champions League License From Rivals Konami And PES". GameSpot. Retrieved June 9, 2018.
- Heater, Brian (June 9, 2018). "Here's what EA announced at E3 2018". TechCrunch. Retrieved June 9, 2018.
- Krasnai, Tyler (June 9, 2018). "Madden NFL Overdrive: The Next Step for Madden NFL Mobile Games". Twinfinite. Retrieved June 9, 2018.
- Mazique, Brian (June 9, 2018). "'NBA Live 19' News: First Screenshot Leaked Of New Game". Forbes. Retrieved June 9, 2018.
- Liao, Shannon (June 9, 2018). "Sea of Solitude's haunting trailer is about humans who turn into monsters". The Verge. Retrieved June 9, 2018.
- Marshall, Cass (June 9, 2018). "The Sims 4 is getting the much-anticipated expansion pack Seasons". Polygon. Retrieved June 9, 2018.
- Jenni (June 8, 2018). "Monster Boy And The Cursed Kingdom's E3 2018 Trailer Shows Gameplay And Animated Scenes". Siliconera. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- "E3 Trailer: Xbox One Console Launch Exclusive 'Tunic'". Variety. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Focus Home Interactive announces E3 2018 lineup". Gematsu. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- Jones, Ali (June 7, 2018). "Fear the Wolves' E3 trailer shows off axe murder and mutant wolves". PCGamesN. Retrieved June 7, 2018.
- Reseigh-Lincoln, Dom (June 13, 2018). "Freedom Planet Is Officially Coming To Nintendo Switch This Autumn". Nintendo Life. Retrieved June 13, 2018.
- Carter, Chris (June 7, 2018). "E3 leaks prompt Hi-Rez to just confirm Paladins on Switch". Destructoid. Retrieved June 7, 2018.
- Oloman, Jordan (June 10, 2018). "E3 2018: Beat Saber Coming To PSVR". IGN. Retrieved June 10, 2018.
- Statt, Nick (June 7, 2018). "Stormland is a new open world Oculus Rift game that will let you explore freely in VR". The Verge. Retrieved June 7, 2018.
- Cryer, Hirun (June 8, 2018). "Dead or Alive 6 Launching in Early 2019 for PC, PS4, Xbox One". USGamer. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- Clark, Peter (2018-06-14). "Konami's 'Hyper Sports R' is a Bizarre Throwback to Outdated Gameplay". Variety. Retrieved 2018-06-14.
- "Out This Week: LEGO The Incredibles, Super Bomberman R on PS4 and Xbox One, Paladins on Switch". IGN. June 11, 2018. Retrieved June 11, 2018.
- "All the biggest announcements from Microsoft's E3 2018 keynote". The Verge. Retrieved 10 June 2018.
- "Microsoft: Crackdown 3 will launch in February 2019, more info to arrive at E3". Windows Central. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- Chan, Stephanie (June 10, 2018). "PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds gets a snowy map this winter". VentureBeat. Retrieved June 10, 2018.
- "E3 2018: All The Nintendo Switch Games Revealed At Nintendo Direct". GameSpot. June 13, 2018. p. 11. Archived from the original on June 16, 2018. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- Goldfarb, Andrew (June 13, 2018). "E3 2018: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC Torna: The Golden Country Revealed". IGN. Archived from the original on June 16, 2018. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- "NIS America announces E3 2018 lineup, teases "exciting announcements"". Gematsu. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- Moyse, Chris (June 7, 2018). "Vintage mummy-hunting action in Strange Brigade trailer". Destructoid. Retrieved June 7, 2018.
- Singletary, Charles (May 30, 2018). "Team Sonic Racing is SEGA's E3 Mystery Game, Will Go Super Fast This Winter". Shacknews. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "Two Point Hospital". Two Point Hospital. Retrieved 2018-06-08.
- "E3 2018: DAYS GONE RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED". IGN. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "Sony E3 2018 press conference set for June 11, to feature "deep dives" on Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, Marvel's Spider-Man, and The Last of Us Part II". Gematsu. 2018-05-11. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "We can't wait to show you more at #E32018 next month!". Twitter. Media Molecule. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- Fogel, Stefanie (June 9, 2018). "Charming Puzzle Game 'Ghost Giant' is Coming to PlayStation VR". Variety. Retrieved June 10, 2018.
- Martin, Matt (June 6, 2018). "Mizuguchi's Tetris Effect coming to PS4, PSVR this fall". VG247. Retrieved June 6, 2018.
- Plante, Chris (June 10, 2018). "Just Cause 4 trailer features a battle between man and tornado". Polygon. Retrieved June 10, 2018.
- Nunnelly, Stephany (February 10, 2018). "Kingdom Hearts 3 release date coming at E3 2018, new trailer shows Monsters, Inc. characters". VG247. Retrieved February 10, 2018.
- "Tomb Raider on Instagram: "Interested in when we're going to talk tombs or dive into how Lara becomes one with the Jungle? Check out our Shadow of the Tomb Raider…"". Instagram. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- Jeffrey, Cal (June 8, 2018). "Starbreeze Studios reveals the fourth character in upcoming Overkill's The Walking Dead". Techspot. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- Romano, Sal (June 5, 2018). "Team17 announces E3 2018 lineup". Gematsu. Retrieved June 5, 2018.
- "tinyBuild's E3 Presentation Teaser". Youtube. June 6, 2018. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- Devore, Jordan (May 31, 2018). "Ubisoft confirms Assassin's Creed Odyssey". Destructoid. Retrieved May 31, 2018.
- Makuch, Eddie (May 24, 2018). "Ubisoft Reveals Its E3 2018 Games Lineup (Except The Rumored Ones And Surprises)". GameSpot. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- Alexander, Heather (June 7, 2018). "Hitman 2 Is Coming Out This November". Kotaku. Retrieved June 7, 2018.
- "LEGO DC Super Villains will be live at E3". Brick Fanatics. June 11, 2018. Retrieved June 11, 2018.
- "XSEED Games announces E3 2018 lineup". Gematsu. Retrieved 6 June 2018.