E8 European long distance path
After Ireland it crosses the Irish Sea into Wales and then into England, where it follows part of the Trans Pennine Trail. After crossing the North Sea, it passes through the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Poland, Ukraine and Romania. It finally crosses Bulgaria before reaching the border to Turkey.
It was the first European long-distance path to be designated, and opened, in the UK. The section was opened in 1996.
Some of the eastern sections of the route are yet to be finalised.
- E8 at the European Ramblers' Association
- E8 full route map on Hiiker
- E8 on Traildino
- Digitalized Slovak part of E8, GPX download included
- E8 at The Long Distance Walkers Association
- maps, tracks, information and travellogs (in German) from Ireland to Romania