New England Hockey Conference
|New England Hockey Conference
|Sports fielded||Ice hockey (men's: 10; women's: 14)|
|Region||New York and New England|
New England Hockey Conference (formerly the ECAC East) is a college athletic conference which operates in the northeastern United States. It participates in the NCAA's Division III as a hockey-only conference.
There are 16 member schools; the men's division has ten members, while the women's division has fourteen members.
Holy Cross, a Division I school, is not allowed to participate in the NEHC playoffs, nor is the team eligible for the Division III national tournament.
The same is true for Franklin Pierce, Saint Anselm College, and St. Michael's College which are Division II schools. However, their primary conference sponsors a postseason tournament for men and women.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (women), 2005 (ECAC Hockey (D-I))
- Rochester Institute of Technology (women), 2007 (ECAC West)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (women), 2009 (dropped program)
- Salem State College (men), 2009 (MASCAC)
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (Men), 2003 (dropped program)
- "Men's and women's ECAC East leagues now the New England Hockey Conference". U.S. College Hockey Online. Retrieved October 31, 2015.