This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Colors||Blue & White|
ECPI University, or East Coast Polytechnic Institute, is a private, for-profit educational institution based in Virginia Beach, Virginia. It provides undergraduate and graduate level education in an accelerated format. ECPI University has six colleges with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida and provides courses online. ECPI University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
ECPI University was founded in Norfolk, Virginia in 1966. Initially formed as an institution offering accelerated education in computer science and programming, ECPI University later expanded its offerings to include Electronics Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Nursing, and Culinary Arts.
In 2012, ECPI University was the subject of a US Senate report by the Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, investigating misuse of Federal funds by for-profit education companies. It concluded that while student withdrawal rates were significantly better than many companies examined, withdrawal rates for smaller online programs, and student loan default rates, were troubling.
The acronym ECPI stands for East Coast Polytechnic Institute.
ECPI University’s academic offerings are organized into six colleges: College of Technology, College of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, College of Business, College of Criminal Justice, and College of Culinary Arts.
ECPI University offers diploma and degree programs in Information Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology, Health Science, Nursing, Business, Criminal Justice, and Culinary Arts through its five colleges.
ECPI University’s students take two courses per session through its year-round curriculum with a 30-month Bachelor's Degree and 15-month Associate's Degree. Courses are offered on campus, online, or in hybrid formats.
Licensure and accreditation
ECPI University is regionally accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC) to award associate's, baccalaureate, and master's degrees in addition to diplomas. ECPI has been regionally accredited by the SACSCOC since 1998.
ECPI University received approval at the December 2010 annual meeting of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to advance to a level III institution with the approval of the Master of Science in Information Systems.
Additional regional and state licensure has been awarded based on location and program.
- Pierceall, Kimberly (16 September 2016). "For-profit university ECPI offers ITT students a free trial". pilotonline.com. The Virginian-Pilot. Retrieved 21 September 2016.
Virginia Beach-based ECPI has three locations in Hampton Roads, and others in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida.
- "Institution Details". www.sacscoc.org. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "The History of ECPI University". www.ecpi.edu. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "ECPI: For-profit Report" (PDF). Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- "ECPI Is Now ECPI University". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "Available Degree Programs". www.ecpi.edu. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "How Accelerated Learning Works at ECPI". www.ecpi.edu. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "Accreditation and Approvals". www.ecpi.edu. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "ECPI University College of Nursing Orlando (Lake Mary)". Retrieved 21 September 2016.