|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Location||Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA|
|Colors||Blue & White|
ECPI University or East Coast Polytechnic Institute is for-profit college based in Virginia Beach, Virginia that provides undergraduate and graduate level education in an accelerated format. ECPI University has five colleges with campuses throughout Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina as well as an online campus. Students are able to attend day, evening, online, or weekend classes.
As a higher education institution, ECPI University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS/COC) to award associate’s, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees.
- 1 History
- 2 Colleges
- 3 Academics
- 4 Licensure & Accreditation
- 5 Locations
- 6 Career Services
- 7 References
- 8 External links
ECPI University was founded in Norfolk, Virginia in 1966. Initially formed as an institution offering accelerated education in computer science and programming, ECPI University later expanded its offerings to include Electronics Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Nursing, and Culinary Arts.
ECPI University was previously known as "ECPI College of Technology" but it became a university on June 1, 2011 and started offering master's degrees in the field of Computer and Information Science.
The acronym ECPI stands for East Coast Polytechnic Institute, signifying its origin and ongoing commitment to technological advancement in all fields of study.
ECPI University’s academic offerings are organized into five colleges: College of Technology, College of Business & Criminal Justice, College of Nursing, College of Health Science, and College of Culinary Arts.
College of Technology
- Information Systems - Master's
- Cloud Computing - Bachelor's
- Database Programming - Associate's/Bachelor's
- Network Security - Associate's/Bachelor's
- Web Development - Associate's/Bachelor's
- Software Development – Associate’s/Bachelor’s
- Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) - Associate's/Bachelor's
- Mechatronics/Advanced Manufacturing - Bachelor's
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET) - Bachelor's
- Medical Imaging Equipment Technology (MIET) - Associate's
College of Business & Criminal Justice
- Business Administration (MBA) – Master’s
- Accounting - Bachelor's
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- Hospitality Management – Bachelor’s
- IT Management - Bachelor's
- Criminal Justice - Associate's/Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
College of Nursing, Medical Careers Institute (MCI)
- Nursing (MSN) – Master’s
- RN to BSN (BSN) – Bachelor’s
- Nursing (RN) – Associate’s
- Practical Nursing (LPN) - Diploma
College of Health Science, Medical Careers Institute (MCI)
- Healthcare Administration - Bachelor's
- Dental Assistant - Associate's
- Health Information Management - Associate's
- Medical Administration - Associate's
- Medical Assistant - Associate's
- Massage Therapy - Associate's
- Physical Therapy - Associate's
- Radiography – Associate’s
- Sonography - Associate's
- Surgical Technology - Associate's
College of Culinary Arts, Culinary Institute of Virginia (CIV)
- Food Service Management - Bachelor's
- Culinary Arts - Associate's
- Baking & Pastry Arts – Associate’s/Diploma
- Culinary Nutrition – Associate’s
ECPI University offers diploma and degree programs in Information Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology, Health Science, Nursing, Business, Criminal Justice, and Culinary Arts through its five colleges.
ECPI University’s academic calendar consists of ten five-week sessions. Full-time students take two courses per session through its year-round curriculum . Many courses are offered on campus, online, or in hybrid formats.
Licensure & Accreditation
ECPI University is regionally accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS/COC) to award associate's, baccalaureate, and master's degrees in addition to diplomas. ECPI has been regionally accredited by the SACSCOC since 1998.
ECPI University received approval at the December 2010 annual meeting of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to advance to a level III institution with the approval of the Master of Science in Information Systems.
Additional regional and state licensure has been awarded based on location and program.
As of 2015, ECPI University and its five colleges had 19 campus locations throughout Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina:
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Newport News, Virginia
- Norfolk, Virginia
- Roanoke, Virginia
- Manassas, Virginia
- Richmond, Virginia
- Glen Allen, Virginia
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- North Charleston, South Carolina
- Columbia, South Carolina
- Greenville, South Carolina
Each year, ECPI University hosts 2 major career fairs at each of its campuses, which usually take place in the spring and fall. The career fairs are for enrolled ECPI students only, and interested students are required to first register, and have their résumé approved by a career advisor before attending. A number of local companies attend the career fairs such as Dominion Enterprises, InMotion Hosting, Spatial Integrated Systems, Xerox, and many more. The attending companies offer students positions such as entry level programmers, technical support, and network administrators.
Career Services Department
ECPI University’s Career Services department is a resource for students seeking internships, externships, and jobs. The Career Service Advisors assist students with résumé writing and review, cover letter preparation and review, networking, interviewing skills, salary negotiation, and job placement.
- "Institution Details". www.sacscoc.org. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "The History of ECPI University". www.ecpi.edu. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "ECPI Is Now ECPI University". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "College of Technology". www.ecpi.edu. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "About the Business and Criminal Justice". www.ecpi.edu. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "About the College of Health Science". www.ecpi.edu. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "Culinary Nutrition Degree". www.ecpi.edu. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "Available Degree Programs". www.ecpi.edu. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "How Accelerated Learning Works at ECPI". www.ecpi.edu. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "Accreditation and Approvals". www.ecpi.edu. Retrieved 30 August 2015.