||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||document management software, enterprise content management|
|Jesse Wood, President
|Products||eFileCabinet Online 2016
eFileCabinet On-Premise 2016
SecureDrawer Web Portal
It was founded in 2001 by James Blaylock to serve clients in the accounting industry where Blaylock worked before founding the company. It has since expanded to service many other industries, including construction, banking, healthcare, insurance, law, manufacturing, retail, oil & gas, transportation, and education. As of January 2016, eFileCabinet had over 160,000 users.
eFileCabinet software began as an internal product designed to store digital records at founder James Blaylock's accounting firm. Word spread about Blaylock's new software, generating demand for the software among other accounting firms. In response to this demand, Blaylock founded eFileCabinet in 2001 to build upon, improve, and market the software.
On July 21, 2007, Matt Peterson replaced James Blaylock as president and CEO of the company. Peterson had served as chief operating officer since joining the company in January 2007. Blaylock moved to serve as chairman of the board.
In 2008, eFileCabinet received $1 million in venture capital from Canopy Ventures, an early-stage venture capital firm. This allowed eFileCabinet to expand from servicing only accounting firms to various other industries, including government, healthcare, finance, and insurance. After seven years of stable growth, eFileCabinet received $11.05 million in Series A venture capital funding from BYU Cougar Capital in May 2015. The following month, the company received a combined $14 million in Series B venture capital funding from Palo Alto, Calif.-based venture capital firm, Allegis Capital and Signal Peak Ventures in Salt Lake City, Utah, bringing the company's total funding to $26.05 million. eFileCabinet has since used this funding to roll-out new products like the eFileCabinet SideKick, revamp existing products, and enter the enterprise content management (ECM) vendor space.
eFileCabinet provides a suite of proprietary software products and services in the form of document management, creating a paperless office environment that reduces organizations' environmental footprint, increases efficiency, and simplifies compliance. The paperless office eFileCabinet enables is typically viewed as an environmentally-friendly, cost-effective alternative for businesses.
In 2016, eFileCabinet opted out of Microsoft Silverlight as its framework of choice for its products, using HTML 5 instead to increase integration with the company's web sharing portal, SecureDrawer, and other third-party software like sage, foxit, caselle, and QuickBooks. eFileCabinet also released the SideKick in 2016: A product designed to bridge the gap between the typical desktop and eFileCabinet software. eFileCabinet also released an updated version of Enterprise Access (a satellite/remote access tool for larger organizations), and zonal optical character recognition (OCR), which enables users to scan and read specific portions of documents. eFileCabinet also released software in 2016 that is Mac OS X compatible. Below is a list of the three main products, including their main functions:
1) eFileCabinet Desktop 2016: An on-premise document management solution
2) eFileCabinet Online 2016: A cloud-based document management solution
3) SecureDrawer: A web and client sharing portal for exchanging sensitive information
4) The eFileCabinet SideKick: A connector of eFileCabinet software and the desktop that comes with a computer's operating system
5) Enterprise Access: A satellite/remote access tool for organizations with multiple branches, and or office locations
|Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- , August 8, 2014. 2014 Review of eFileCabinet. CPA Practice Advisor. www.cpapracticeadvisor.com
- , December 3, 2008. eFileCabinet 4.0: Manage Documents, Compliance, and Backup. Small Busisness Computing. wwww.smallbusinesscomputing.com
- , January 20, 2009. Provo Company's Software ends paper storage. Salt Lake Tribune. www.sltrib.com.
- , July 21, 2008. Matt Peterson from COO to President and CEO of eFileCabinet. Storage Newsletter. www.storagenewsletter.com.
- , July 9, 2008. Canopy Ventures Invests in eFileCabinet. Business Wire. www.businesswire.com.
- "efileCabinet | CrunchBase". www.crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- "eFileCabinet Raises $14 Million". Accounting Technology. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- "eFileCabinet Releases 2016 Cloud Edition". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "eFileCabinet: Going Beyond The Boxes". Forbes.
- "10 Ways Document Management Saves the World's Workforce" HR.com
- "Lehi's eFileCabinet gives paperwork a cloudy meaning". Daily Herald.
- "Provo company's software ends paper storage". The Salt Lake Tribune.
- "eFileCabinet Online". PC Magazine.
- "eFileCabinet Review: Best Mobile Document Management". Business News Daily.
- "eFileCabinet Raises $14 Million". Accounting Today.