EGG (file format)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Type of format||Compressed archive|
The EGG file format is a compressed archive file format that supports Unicode and intelligent compression algorithms. EGG format is created by ESTsoft and was first applied in their file compression software ALZip.
The filename extension used by EGG is .egg . If an EGG archive is split into multiple smaller files, those files use the .egg extension by placing .volX (X for sequence number starting from 1) ahead of it, i.e. .vol1.egg, .vol2.egg, .vol3.egg and so on.
The EGG format supports the following features:
- Store file names in Unicode
- AES-256 encryption
- Support for solid compression option to decide the best compression method, that is, analyzes the files to be compressed then chooses whether to compress faster or to prioritize on compression ratio
- Unlimited number of splitting into smaller pieces of archives
- ALZip software can compress and extract the EGG file format.
- Bandizip software can extract the EGG file format.
- "EGG Format and module license" (in Korean). Retrieved 2013-01-01.
|This article related to a type of software is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|