|Location||4847B 19th Street
Red Deer, Alberta
|Owner||Westerner Exposition Association|
|Operator||Westerner Exposition Association|
|Construction cost||$23 million
($35.2 million in 2016 dollars)
|Architect||PBK Architects Inc.
Group 2 Architecture Engineering Ltd.
|Structural engineer||Bearden Engineering Consultants Ltd.|
|General contractor||W. Brown Construction Ltd.|
|Red Deer Rebels (WHL) (1992–present)|
The ENMAX Centrium is a two-tier 7,111-seat multi-purpose arena in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. It was built in 1991 and is the home arena of the Red Deer Rebels hockey team. The arena can hold a maximum of 7,819 people when floor seating is used. "Half house" seating is 3,357 when floor to ceiling divider curtains are used to mask off unused seating.
Located in Westerner Park in the south end of Red Deer, the Centrium is the largest indoor venue in Red Deer and Central Alberta. Besides hockey, it also hosts concerts, basketball, motor sports, ice shows, major curling events, circuses, boxing, rodeos, professional wrestling, trade shows and conventions.
In 2012, the ENMAX Centrium expansion was completed. The recent expansion offers 13 more luxury suites, a new 40 seat club suite and an additional 1,000 seats.
The Centrium was the primary site for the 2016 Memorial Cup.
- Arena: 200 by 85 feet (61 m × 26 m), 17,000 square feet (1,600 m2)
- Arena level, seating removed: 50,000 square feet (4,600 m2)
- Concourse Level: 30,000 square feet (2,800 m2)
- Height: 52 feet (16 m) to roof truss
- "ENMAX Centrium". Westerner Exposition Association. Retrieved January 30, 2015.
- Dawe, Michael (January 7, 2015). "Red Deer’s Great Sports Year of 1994". Red Deer Express. Retrieved January 30, 2015.
- Canadian inflation numbers based on Statistics Canada. "Consumer Price Index, historical summary". CANSIM, table (for fee) 326-0021 and Catalogue nos. 62-001-X, 62-010-X and 62-557-X. And Consumer Price Index, by province (monthly) (Canada) Last modified 2016-01-22. Retrieved March 2, 2016
- "Experience". W. Brown Construction Ltd. Retrieved January 30, 2015.