Engineer Research and Development Center
|Research type||Research in support of the Army Corps of Engineers mission|
|Director||Jeffery P. Holland|
|Address||3909 Halls Ferry Road|
|Location||Vicksburg, Mississippi, U.S.A.
The Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) is a US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) laboratory organization whose mission is to "Provide science, technology, and expertise in engineering and environmental sciences in support of our Armed Forces and the Nation to make the world safer and better." The headquarters is located in Vicksburg, Mississippi, on the site of an antecedent organization, the Waterways Experiment Station.
In October 1999, the Corps of Engineers established a system of laboratories, called the Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC). The ERDC was a consolidation of seven, pre-existing laboratories: the Coastal and Hydraulics, Environmental, Geotechnical and Structures, and Information Technology Laboratories in Vicksburg, Mississippi; the Construction Engineering Research Laboratory in Champaign, Illinois; the Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory in Hanover, New Hampshire; and the Topographic Engineering Center in Alexandria, Virginia, which became the Army Geospatial Center (AGC) and started reporting directly to the Corps of Engineers as of 2009. As of 2014, ERDC still maintained a Geospatial Research Laboratory (GRL) collocated in Alexandria with AGC.  ERDC won the Army Research Laboratory of the Year award five times in its first eight years.
List of ERDC laboratories
- Geospatial Research Laboratory, co-located with the Army Geospatial Center at Alexandria, Virginia
- Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory, Vicksburg, Mississippi
- Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory, Hanover, New Hampshire
- Construction Engineering Research Laboratory, Champaign, Illinois
- Environmental Laboratory, Vicksburg, Mississippi
- Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory, Vicksburg, Mississippi
- Information Technology Laboratory, Vicksburg, Mississippi
- ERDC Public Affairs Office, ERDC History, retrieved 2011-01-09
- Public Affairs Office. "U.S. Army Geospatial Research Laboratory (GRL), Alexandria, Va.". ERDC. Retrieved 2014-10-30.
- ERDC Public Affairs Office (September 30, 2009), ERDC Named 2009 Army Research Laboratory of the Year -- 3rd Consecutive Year, retrieved 2011-01-09
- Engineer Research and Development Center. "U.S. Army Topographic Engineering Center (TEC), Alexandria, Va.". U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Retrieved 2013-05-23.
- ERDC Homepage
- ERDC library, with digitized copies of ERDC publications
- US Army Corps of Engineers webpage
- ERDC DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (DSRC)
- Survey number HAER MS-2 - Waterways Experiment Station, Hydraulics Laboratory, Halls Ferry Road, 2 miles south of I-20, Vicksburg, Warren County, MS