|Launched||27 February 1966|
11 June 2015 (relaunch)
|Picture format||576i (SDTV) 16:9|
|Audience share||3.5% (2/4/2018-8/4/2018, AGB)|
|Formerly called||ET2 (1987–1997)|
|Replaced||Armed Forces Information Service|
ERT Sports HD
|Digital terrestrial television||Channel 2|
|NOVA Greece||Channel 103|
|COSMOTE TV||Channel 104|
|COSMOTE TV||Channel 104|
|ERT2 Live||Watch Live|
ERT2 (Greek: ΕΡΤ2; short for Ellinikí Radiophonia Tileórasi 2; Greek: Ελληνική Ραδιοφωνία Τηλεόραση 2; Greek for Hellenic Radio and Television 2), formerly NET (short for Néa Ellinikí Tileórasi; Greek: Νέα Ελληνική Τηλεόραση; Greek for New Hellenic Television), is the second television network of the Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation (Greek: Ελληνική Ραδιοφωνία Τηλεόραση), the public broadcaster of Greece. It broadcasts documentaries, talkshows, current affairs programs, sporting events and children's shows.
It was originally referred to as ERT2 and ET2 (short for Ellinikí Tileórasi 2; Greek: Ελληνική Τηλεόραση 2; Greek for Hellenic Television 2) but the name was later changed to NET, before changing back to ERT2 by technically replacing NERIT Plus. Amid protests of the government's decision to close the public broadcaster, ERT staff continued to operate NET via satellite and internet. until November 7, 2013, when riot police stormed into ERT headquarters and took the internet programming of NET off the air.
On 27th of February 1966, a second television channel was created by the Hellenic Armed Forces, the Armed Forces Television, which in 1970 became a fully-fledged second broadcaster as the Armed Forces Information Service (YENED). It contained news, sports, fashion, music, drama series and more rarely documentaries, films and children programming.
On 3 November 1982, YENED passed under civilian control and was renamed as ERT2. Public broadcasters were the only broadcasters in Greece. ERT2 followed the same programming. In 1987, ERT and ERT2 became one company, ERT and the channels rebranded ET1 and ET2.
In 1997, ET-2 was restructured as a news and information channel, airing documentaries and sports. It was therefore renamed as NET (Nea Elliniki Tileorasi/New Hellenic Television).
On June 11, 2013, NET was taken off air after the Greek government announced its decision to close ERT. Amid protests, NET continued to be broadcast via the Internet with the help of the European Broadcasting Union until November 7, 2013, when police forces invaded the ERT building and took the programme off.
By ERT relaunch on June 11, 2015, the station returned as ERT2, technically replacing NERIT Plus on its space.
ERT2's shows included:
- Athens Tower – The show, suggests our most important, the most interesting and different things that will happen or are happening in Athens and are output for entertainment and fun. Actions, events, entertainment, gastronomy, exhibitions, odd and the city's singularities, places and people that shape new trends and anything is created, moves and plays in Athens. Airs Saturdays at 6:30 pm.
- The Era of Images - Katerina Zacharopoulou, observing the international artistic activity, meets and talks with artists, museum directors and curators. The show focuses on the artistic discourse, the importance of large or smaller exhibitions in contemporary society and the Biennial European countries, presenting young artists with interesting jobs. Visiting museums and galleries with exhibitions that attract the interest of the general public.
- Without Question - The documentary series, "Without question," is a series of film-documentary portraits of people of literature, science and art. Without asking the guest-hence the title of our broadcast only makes a personal narrative, as if it is addressed directly to the audience and tells us important pieces of his life and professional career.
- Ancient Drama - In each episode, a different project is presented through the eyes and the interpretive approach of a modern director or coefficient of theatre at a time, in the form of a free course-workshop. The series aspires to him how to build a new proposal for a set of current research programs and teaching of ancient drama, as active researchers meetings of theatre with young actors within the framework of a public course.
- Art Week - Shows that every week presents some of the most renowned Greek artists. Lena Aroni conversing with musicians, directors, writers, actors, artists, with people who, by the way, and dedication in their work, have won the recognition and love of the public. They speak for the way they approach their subject matter and describe joys and difficulties encountered in their path. Airs at 5:30 pm.
- Anne of Green Gables
- Variety of silent short films (Charlie Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy)
- Seis Hermanas
- Downton Abbey
- Upstairs and Downstairs
- Parade's End
- Dancing with Jazz
- Mickey Mouse Works
- Darkwing Duck
- Quack Pack
- The Legend of Tarzan
- Timon & Pumbaa
- Disney Channel original films
- Walt Disney Pictures films
- Dragon Hunters
- Noddy, Toyland Detective
- Postman Pat