Escola Superior d'Administració i Direcció d'Empreses
|Motto||Do good. Do better|
|Dean||Josep Franch Bullich (Esade Business School) Eduardo Berché Moreno (Esade Law School) David Dinwoodie (Esade Executive Education)|
|Students||10,600 (Business & Law, 2017)|
Esade (Escola Superior d'Administració i Direcció d'Empreses) is a private Jesuit educational institution within the Ramon Llull University, in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. Esade runs two schools of the university, Esade Business School and Esade Law School, as well as a language center, the Esade Executive Language Center. The school has also formed a strategic alliance with the Ramon Llull University in its undergraduate programmes in Law and Business
The Esade project was conceived in the spring of 1954 by a group of Spanish professionals and entrepreneurs who later founded the university. The school signed an agreement with the Jesuits (Societas Iesu) in October 1958 and started offering its first academic programs in a small building in the district of Sant Gervasi, Barcelona.
In 1958, Esade was ultimately founded. Two years later, in 1960, executive education programmes were introduced. In 1964 the college's MBA programme was established. A year later, in 1965, ESADE's Barcelona campus (Av. Pedralbes) opened (Building I), as well as the Executive Language Centre. In 1993, Esade Law School opened. In 2001, the school inaugurated its campus in Madrid (Chamartín), and two years later its campus in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Both are primarily used for executive education. In 2009 Esade opened a new campus in Sant Cugat (Barcelona) as well as Esade Creapolis, a technology park based on open innovation and situated on the new Sant Cugat campus.
Esade Creapolis is a joint venture between Esade, a consortium of Spanish financial institutions, local government institutions and business associations. The organisation manages a technology and innovation park on the Esade campus in Sant Cugat, Barcelona. It is an open innovation center promoted by Esade business school, where companies, students, the academic community and scientists come together with the aim of promoting both creativity and innovation. Between 2005 and 2008 Esade Creapolis invested €70 Million in its facilities in Sant Cugat and has since become home to various start-ups.
- Enrique Lores (born 1964/65), CEO of HP Inc
- Ramon Laguarta (born 1964), CEO of PepsiCo
- Josep Maria Bartomeu (born 1963), President of FC Barcelona
- Ferran Soriano (born 1967), CEO of Manchester City F.C.
- Gabriel Escarrer Jaume (born 1971), Billionaire Founder and CEO of Meliá Hotels International
- Xavier Espot Zamora (born 1979), Current Prime Minister of Andorra
- Joan Rigol (born 1943), Former President of the Parliament of Catalonia
- Jaime Guardiola Romojaro (born 1957), CEO of Banco Sabadell
- Sandro Rosell (born 1964), Former President of FC Barcelona
- Ernesto Lucena (born 1978), Current Sports Minister of Colombia
- Javier Ferrán (born 1956), Chairman of Diageo
- "Annual Report ESADE Foundation 2016-2017" (PDF). ESADE Foundation. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- "ESADE History". ESADE. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "ESADE Creapolis invests €70 Million in Sant Cugat del Vallès". 2005-10-27. Archived from the original on 2011-07-10. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- Feldman, Amy (4 October 2019). "HP's New CEO Enrique Lores Will Steer A Smaller Printer Company". Forbes. Retrieved 2 November 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ESADE.|