ESV Study Bible
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Publisher||Crossway Bibles; 1ST edition (October 15, 2008)|
The ESV Study Bible contains more than 2,750 pages of extensive Bible resources, including commentary, maps, illustrations, charts, timelines, and articles created by a team of 93 evangelical scholars and teachers. In addition to the 757,000 words of the ESV Bible itself, the notes and resources of the ESV Study Bible comprise an additional 1.1 million words of explanation and teaching.
The ESV Study Bible was first published in October 2008, supported by a $1 million advertising campaign. Its first run of 100,000 copies sold out before the copies had finished being printed. Within the first six months of availability, 300,000 copies had been printed in total.
When it was first published, the ESV Study Bible was well-received, receiving endorsements from many prominent evangelical pastors and theologians. Andy Naselli, writing in the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society wrote, "No other study Bible matches the ESVSB in quantity or quality."
- "ESV Study Bible Web site". Retrieved 2009-02-25.
- Nelson, Marcia Z. (13 October 2008). "Bibles: The Investment That Yields". Publishers Weekly. 255 (41).
- Naselli, Andrew David (June 2009). "The ESV Study Bible". Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society. 52 (2): 357–359.
- "ECPA Christian Book of the Year". ecpa.org.
- Kimball, Josh (March 20, 2009). "Study Bible Wins 'Christian Book of the Year' Award". Christian Post.
- "Book of the Year: It is based on the best-selling book of all time, but WORLD's 2009 winner takes Bible study to new levels". worldmag.com. Retrieved 2011-07-02.
|This article about a book related to Christianity is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about translation of the Bible is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|