|Launched||23 February 1966
11 June 2015 (relaunch)
|Picture format||576i (SDTV) 16:9|
|Audience share||6.4% (8/6/2015 - 14/6/2015, AGB)|
|Formerly called||EIRT (1966-1975)
ET1 (1987-1993, 1994-2013)
|Replaced||Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation|
|NOVA Greece||Channel 102|
|OTE TV||Channel 103|
|OTE TV||Channel 103|
|ERT1 Live||Watch Live|
ERT1 (short for Ellinikí Radiophonia Tileórasi 1)(Greek: ΕΡΤ1), formerly ET1 (short for Ellinikí Tileórasi 1; Greek: Ελληνική Τηλεόραση 1; Greek for Hellenic Television 1), is the flagship television network of ERT, the Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation. It was launched in 1966 as a television service of the EIRT. Before being previously closed by the last Greek government, ET1 was mainly an entertainment and cultural channel, but it also used to broadcast various types of programming such as documentaries, news, sports and children's shows. On 11 June 2015 ERT was reopened and ET1 channel was renamed to ERT1, technically replacing NERIT1. ERT1 is now the most important Greek public channel and focuses mainly on news and sports broadcasts. The channel's current programming includes talk shows, movies, popular foreign shows and some cultural shows.
The channel launched on 23 February 1966 as part of the National Radio and Television Foundation (Greek: Εθνικό Ίδρυμα Ραδιοφωνίας-Τηλεόρασης or EIRT), and it was the first general television channel in Greece (YENED, then orientated towards the Greek Armed Forces only, went on air four days later, on 27 February 1966): it remained the only general television channel until 3 November 1982, when the Greek Armed Forces relinquished ownership of YENED to ERT (the latter having replaced EIRT on 3 December 1975).
On 18 August 2011, the government under George Papandreou proposed to close ET1 and redistribute its programmes to ERT's two remaining television channels, NET (New Hellenic Television) and ET3. However, the Greek coalition government (then with Antonis Samaras as Prime Minister) abolished ERT entirely on 11 June 2013, resulting in widespread condemnation. ET1 went off air on the same day, but ERT's employees at Radiomegaro kept NET on air, with the assistance of the European Broadcasting Union, who sent satellite retransmission vans to the station's headquarters, via the Internet and as part of the ERT Open movement, until riot police evicted them on 7 November 2013: employees from the Thessaloniki studio continued to unofficially transmit ET3, also via the Internet and under the same movement, until 11 June 2015.
On 11 June 2015, exactly two years after the closure of ET1, the following coalition government (with Alexis Tsipras as Prime Minister instead) restored ERT as part of the counter-austerity measures: on the same day, ET1 became ERT1 under ERT’s current identity scheme. It technically replaced NERIT1 on its frequencies.
- PROINI ZONI(Morning Zone) - ERT weekday breakfast show from 6-10 a.m. Hosted by Giorgos Darakis and Giannis Darras.
- ATHENS-THESSALONIKI - ERT weekday breakfast show from 10-12 a.m .Hosted by Maroin Mixelidaki(From ERT1 studios-Athens) and Xristos Giannoulis(From ERT3 studios-Thessaloniki).
- Studio 3- airs Monday to Friday at 1:00pm; a news magazine hosted by Marilena Katsimi and Silas Sirafeim.
- On ERT -An afternoon news program hosted by Eleni Chrona and Andreas Roditis.Airs weekdays 16-18 p.m.
- Directly on 10 –Weekend breakfast news program hosted by Giannis Skalkos and Christos Pagonis. Airs from 10 to 12 a.m.
- ERT FOCUS Nightly news program hosted by various hosts.
- Athilitiki Kyriaki -[SPORTS SUNDAY] ERT sports show on its 44 th season.Hosted by Vassilis Bakopoulos,Petros Maurogiannidis and Katerina Anastasopoulou.
- Ta stekia-Documentary series by Nikos Triantafilidis.
- Sta Akra-Hosted by Vicky Flessa.Late night talk show, in wchich khown people are getting interviewed
- PROSOPIKA- A show wchich shows stories of remarkable people.Hosted by Elena Katritsi.
- H MHXANH TOY XRONOY(time machine)-A documentary by Christos Vassilopolos, focusing on big historical events.
- ES AYRION TA SPOUDAIA - Documentary wchich shows young people who have already sucssed as athletes,scientists etc.
- Eurovision Song Contest
- Euroleague Basketball
- Uefa Champions League (Only Wednesday Matches)
- UEFA Europa League (Only the Final and the highlights from all the rest matches)
- UEFA Euro 2016 (All matches live and on HD)
- European Qualifiers (Only Greece's matches)
- FORGEIN SERIES
- CALL THE MIDWIFE
ERT PROGRAMM AS OF SEPTEMBER 2015
|20.10.1997 – 10.2003||10.2003 – 7.6.2008||7.6.2008 – 11.6.2013||11.6.2015 – today|
- "Case C-260/89 - Elliniki Radiophonia Tileorassi AE v Dimotiki Etairia Pliroforissis and Sotirios Kouvelas". http://curia.europa.eu. External link in
- "Law No. 230 of 1975". Government Gazette (in Greek). Athens: National Printing House. A (272): 2029–2032. 3 December 1975. Retrieved 11 June 2015.