ET3 Global Alliance
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Products||Evacuated Tube Transport (ETT)|
ET3 Global Alliance is an American open consortium of licensees dedicated to global implementation of Evacuated Tube Transport Technologies (ET3). It was founded by Daryl Oster in 1997 with the goal of establishing a global transportation system utilizing car-sized cargo and passenger capsules traveling in 1.5m diameter tubes via frictionless superconductive maglev.
Oster claims that the ET3 system will be able to provide 50 times the amount of transportation per kilowatt-hour compared with electric cars and electric trains, costing only 20 cents' worth of electrical energy to get up to 350 mph (560 km/h). ET3 claims that initial systems would travel at the speed of 600 km/h (370 mph) for in state trips, and later will be developed to 6,500 km/h (4,000 mph, hypersonic speed) for international travel that will allow passenger or cargo travel from New York to Beijing in 2 hours. The initial proof of concept system could be built in as little 3 years for operational transport.
Southwest Jiaotong University (SWJTU) became the first university institution to become licensees of the ET3 GA consortium. The most ET3 licensees held outside of the USA are held in China. SWJTU and individuals from China have contributed significant IP to the ET3 consortia. By 2007, Yaoping Zhang, a former professor of SWJTU, began promoting ETT as "evolutionary transportation". Yaoping Zhang currently operates ET3 GA's subsidiary ET3 China Inc.
ET3 has filed a series of new patents in 2014 relating to the field of high-temperature superconductivity (HTS). As of 2016, more than 380 licenses have been sold in 22 different countries, including China, where ET3 claims that more than a dozen licenses have been sold. Daryl Oster and his team met with Tesla Motors/SpaceX CEO Elon Musk in late July, 2013, to discuss the technology, resulting in Musk promising an investment in a 3 mi (4.8 km) prototype of ET3's design. According to the ET3 website new news was due to be released soon after March 14, 2020
- "Welcome | The Evacuated Tube Transport Technology Network". et3.net. Archived from the original on 2019-02-07. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "Sci-fi Hyperloop-type technology under development at ET3". CNBC. 12 August 2013.
- "China Working towards 600 Mph Maglev Trains Through Very Low Pressure Underground Tubes for 2020 to 2030 - NextBigFuture.com". 8 August 2010. Archived from the original on 17 August 2010.
- "New York to Beijing in two hours without leaving the ground?". Gizmag. 22 March 2012.
- Frey, Thomas (October 30, 2013). "Competing for the World's Largest Infrastructure Project: Over 100 Million Jobs at Stake". Futurist Speaker. Archived from the original on October 6, 2014. Retrieved September 29, 2014.
- Svaldi, Aldo (August 9, 2013). "Longmont entrepreneur has tubular vision on future of transportation". The Denver Post.
- "ET3 Global Alliance Inc. - Evacuated Tube Transport Technologies – 'Space travel on Earth'". ET3 Global Alliance blog. July 25, 2020. Archived from the original on 2020-07-25.